Ch. 11: Dinner Time!

As I walked into the kitchen I smelled one of the most delicious (human) foods ever. "Alsès, you need to feed Princess and Snuggles before you eat." Grandma Esme told me. "Okay grandma, what are we eating?" I asked getting the cat food, and blood that Carisle put aside for us out of the fridge. "Can't you smell it Al? You guys are having your favorite, chicken and dumplings. I'm also making mashed potatoes." She smiled.

"Thanks Grandma! Princess, Snuggles, dinner!" I called back as I walked out to feed my pets. "Reaow!" Snuggles told me as I put her food on the step for her. "Your welcome Snuggs." I replied to her. I still don't know how humans can go on with their day not knowing what the animals are saying, I enjoy being able to understand animals as my mermaid gift, especially water animals. (Princess wags her tail) "are you hungry?"
(wagging continues) "Okay, here you go Princess." I enjoy talking to them, except when Snuggles is being a brat.

"Okay I just feed them, now can I eat grandma?" I asked Esme. "Yes you can my sweet pup." She returned. "Hey Loca, what do you have there?" Seth asked as he took a sip of the blood I have in a cup in front of me. "Wow! What is this!?" He continued. "Blood... and I was going to drink that with my food. I guess it's a good thing you like it." I told him as Renesmee and I laughed at him.

"You know, Jake never takes things from me unless he actually knows what it is." Res tells Seth. "Nessie, even then I don't take stuff from you. But just for saying that, I will take a bite of your mashed potatoes!" Jake said as he took a spoonful of Renesmee's mashed potatoes and ran out of the room laughing. "Son, come back here and apologize to my granddaughter!" Esme told Jake. "Yes mother!... I'm sorry Renesmee, for taking a bite of your mashed potatoes." Jake apologized with puppy dog eyes.

"Seth, you should apologize too." She told him. "Esme, it's fine. Seth doing that actually let us know that he will like blood even more when he becomes like us." I told my grandmother. "Pup, I know that you hear 'Esme' all the time but you and your siblings should not be calling me that. Now Carisle and I would prefer that you guys called him-" she was interrupted. "Call him Grandpa, but you and he don't really mind as Grandpa Billy is our grandfather." Jay finished. "Grandma, we already know all this, and it's only Al and Jay that do it. Well, Alice does it too; but that's a different story." Zoey admitted.

"Shut the smurf up! Are you trying to get me and Jay in trouble!?" I told Zoey. "Alsès, watch your language." Bella said as she walked into the kitchen. "Bella, their language is not even half as bad as what the rest of us say." Emmett told her. "Speak for yourself Emmett,  Alice and I don't talk like that or we don't usually talk like that." Jasper informed Emmett.

"Can I go eat outside if they're just going to argue about the way my siblings and I talk compared to that of how my aunts and uncles talk? I'm also counting Jas as my brother for this matter." I said to Esme. "Okay, whoever wants to eat outside can go eat outside." Esme sighed. "Thanks mum!" Jake said with a mouthful of food.

"Al, what's wrong?" Zoey asked me. "Have you heard anything from Percy's family? I texted Lucy about an hour and a half ago and I texted Molly as soon as I came outside." I told my sister. "Hey could be asleep still." Rosey said. "Maybe I'm just used to being able to get a hold of them right away." I said looking at the ground. "What's the difference Al?" Jake asked me. "Um... like eight hours I think." I told him trying to remember.

"Alsès it's 5:30pm here so it would be about 1:30am over there." Alister informed me. "Aly, how did you figure that out? You are worse than me at arithmancy! Also, Lucy doesn't usually go to sleep until 1:00am. Don't you remember I had to give her at least one detention every week for falling asleep in class? Same year, same house, same classes." I said in response to my twin brother.

(That's what Alsès looks like, half vesin, half 'human')

"Alsès, you're vesinning." Jay told me. "Well, it doesn't harm me, I just can't be seen by humans." I said to everyone outside. "That's Charlie's car." Jake said, point to the police car pulling up the drive way. "SHOOT!" yelled as I ran into the house. "Alsès what's wrong?" Bella asked. "Your dad's here and I'm in vesin from!" I told her while running up the stairs to my room. "Alsès! Charlie has seen you before, remember you went with me to tell him about Bella?" Jake called up to me. "I forgot." I said coming out of my room. "What?" Jake asked as he was right in front of me now. "I forgot." I repeated. Jake pulled me into a hug, picked me up, and carried me down the stairs.

"Jake, how come you never do anything like that for me?" Renesmee asked my uncle. "I do, it's just Alsès is physically smaller than you so it's easy to do stuff with her." Jake admitted. "She is also scared of your grandfather seeing her right now. Doesn't make sense since her Vela wings are out, but she doesn't want him to see her." Jake continued.

"Jake, are you carrying Alsès?" Charlie asked him. "Yes." He replied. "Al's scared of you Grandpa." Renesmee told Charlie. "Renesmee!" I called angrily to my cousin. "Princess, move girl." Jake told my sister as he was walking off the stairs and into the living room. "Come here Princess." Carisle said taking me from his step son. "Thanks Carisle. She's getting really heavy." Jake told him. "Let's go back outside and see Seth okay?" Carisle said, still holding me. "Okay grandpa." I replied to him.

(Jacob's point of view)

Carisle took Kitlynn outside. Oh Kitlynn is just what I call Alsès sometimes. "Jake, why is your niece scared of me?" Charlie asked me. "Alsès doesn't always control her vesinning. She has been able to control it most of her life, she just doesn't care most of the time. With the tribe, here, or were she was living in England, the kids don't have to control it. Alsès wants to look like that all the time, Alister prefers to look human." I told Charlie.

"Vesinning? What's that?" Charlie asked. "The kids aren't just wolf, they have a lot of different creatures in their DNA. When they vesin, they look how they really look. The kids put on a human 'glam charm' or that's what my cousin Narcissa calls it." I explained to Charlie. "So Alsès and her siblings are supposed to look like that?" He asked. "Not all of us, I look like Al but I have my tan complexion all the time." My nephew Jay told Charlie. "So what colour fur does Alsès have?" Charlie asked. "Al's fur is white, pure snow white." I told him. "Alister's is a very dark grey. Jay and Seth have the same fur, as they look exactly alike. Bunny actually isn't a wolf, but she turns into a rabbit." I continued. "What about the others?" Charlie asked.