Ch. 49: A Blast From The Past

(Clarisse's point of view [this is a week after the party])

Why am I always the one on patrol? I guess I did offer to take Chris' spot for the day, I always do. He is doing better after what Luke did to him, but I am still scared for him and I don't want anyone to know that I do have a soft side. Al, you better not tell anyone! "Help, help me. Please." That sounds like just before the tree. "What was that?" Nyssa ran. "Someone get a healer!" I called out as I ran to meet Nyssa. "Hey kid, what's your name?" She asked him. "Fred. My name is Fred Clifford." Name, check. "He's fading, get Alsès and Raven!" Nyssa said as three people spead next to us. "Freddy?" Alsès. "What happened?" She asked him. He held out his hand, the Blacks keep their gifts secret. "Turned at 18, he was bitten by a cursed. I read about this, move back. I'm a born, I can heal him. Hopefully." Alsès bit her wrist and she started to bleed. "Your okay, drink! You will be safe in just a moment." What was she doing? He is drinking her blood? "Worse things have been seen." She said picking up the boy. "Al, let me take him." Carlisle told her. "Grandpa Carlisle, I'm stronger and faster then anyone else in my family. I have to do this, the Infirmary." She read his mind, and spead off.

(Alsès' point of view)

I have to get him to the infirmary now. "Will, bed?" I asked almost demanding one. "Thank you." I just read the back corner was open. "Fred Peyton Clifford. Vampire since 2019. Bitten by a cursed, wolf. He should be good in an hour or two. My blood should heal him." My words rushed as I was setting up everything my old friend would need. "He will be fine, if he is still the same boy you knew in 2017 then he will be fine. Just stay with him, I'll go get them. Okay?" Carlisle told me as he sat me in a chair next to Fred. Five minutes later, he started to wake up. "Sarah?" My muggle name. "I'm here Freddy, and it's Alsès. My real name that is." Don't scare him, let him talk Al. "What is this place?" He asked me. "You are in the infirmary at Camp Half-blood. What's the last thing you remember Fred?" I asked him. "These girls came to help me." He is having to work to remember even that. "Nyssa and Clarisse, their names. I'm very good friends with both of them." I told him before taking a breath so I could continue. "I had to give you some of my blood to heal you." I told him, holding his hand. I let our thoughts travel between the two of us. "I'm sorry for not saying goodbye. After what happened between us, I just couldn't. I hope you can forgive me one day." If Freddy could cry, no he is crying just without tears. "I just wanted to see you again." And I actually have tears. "What happened, do you know who made you?" Come on, you can remember this. I hope. "No. A spiked drink, or I blacked out." I have to know if I'm going to help him. "Do you mind if I look around in that memory?" I asked. "I guess?" For real!? "Spiked! Someone swapped some of the carmel in your carmel sundae for coloured venom." I told him. "How? It came straight from the- kitchen! They have a vampire on staff!" Duh! It hit him fast, but hit me faster.

Will walked up to us from another patient. While Seth, Kagay and my twins walked in. "Al, I need to ask him different questions, okay?" I walked off after kissing Fred's forehead. "Okay." I said.  "Who is that Mum?" Seth Lee asked. "Just an old friend bud." I told him. "But you kissed him?" Kristal said confused. "Both of us trust your mother, and the two of you should as well." Kagay told them. "I have known Fred since he was little, seven to be exact. He is a relatively new vampire. He is 100 years and 5 months younger than me." I told Kristal and Seth Lee matter of factly. "When did you last see him?" Seth asked looking from me to the infirmary. "December 2nd, 2017."

(Author's point of view,  flashback)

A 16 year old boy walked up to his friend. "Hey." He said to the ghoul. She turned around "Freddy! Hey, what are you doing here?" She asked hugging him. "Nothing, just walking around the neighborhood. Your sister said that on the 13th is your dance recital." Fred told her. "Do you think, maybe, you could come?" She said with puppy dog eyes. "Actually Sarah, your sister invited me to come. I wouldn't miss it for the world! But I got to go now, I'll see you later!" He informed the ghoul, giving her another hug. "Okay Fred, bye see you later!" She said as he ran back to the street.

On December 13th, "is he here yet?" The ghoul asked her sister, poking her head out of a room. "No. But Zoey is!" The sister told her. "Hey little sis!" Zoey said hugging Sarah. "Freddy was supposed to come, did you see him outside?" She asked her big sister. "No, but I'll let you know if I see him. Good luck!" Zoey said.  "It's break a leg, but thanks Zo!" Sarah told her sister.

(End of flashback, Alsès' point of view)

"I haven't seen him since then, until just now. Right before curfew." I told them. "He told you and I assume Alice that he would be there and he never showed? That's just wrong. I'm sorry that happened to you Alpha." Seth told me. "I'm okay with it now Omga." I told him. "Alsès, you never got over Fred just leaving like that. I don't have to read your mind when it's on your face." Edward said walking up to us. "He didn't know how to tell you that they were moving. Just like me with Bella." He read my mind, 'why didn't he say something?'. "At least you told Bella, his mother told Grandma Esme after they had moved." Crying, again. I shouldn't have human emotions when I'm not human. "Everything that you are has the same emotions as humans. Your emotions are just heightened Al." Uncle, please stop reading my mind and let me talk. "Come on Princess, let's go find your cabin." He walked with us until we reached my cabin, after dropping off the twins at cabin 6. "I'm not even tired, I want to go back to the infirmary and spend time with Freddy." I yawned. "Lier!" Seth said pointing at me. "Go to sleep, he should be there in the morning." Kagay told me. I nodded, almost falling over the railing on my cabin's porch. "I will stay in there with his, okay?" Edward told me. With that I walked into the Big Three cabin and laid down on my bed trying to fall asleep and failing. "Scoot over." Rosey said laying down on my bed. I love my family.