Ch. 4: Culture vs. Religion

It was early on Sunday morning, we were at the Cullen's house. As I got out of bed I grabbed my pink foux leather bible and went out to the front porch; well I think it's the front, it's the main entrance nonetheless. I sit down on the top step, deciding which book of  the Bible to read while I wait for Killen. I have gotten used to this, I have not gone to an actual church since I got full custody of my sister. But Kills liked our little church. I could stop every time she needed me to explain something. I liked it too, to be honest; it makes both of us happy! "Hey, LoLuAlyKaty; what are you doing?" Jake must be living here, must be because of Renesmee and Bella. "Just waiting for church to start." I turn around when I hear small footsteps. "Come on, church is about to start, I got your favorite seat saved for you!" I told my little sister patting the step in front of me. "What are we reading Alpha?" Seth asked as he came out of the woods. "I was thinking..." I say going through the table of contents, "how about Nehemiah?" I asked after a few seconds, looking down at a tilted back Killen. "Yeah! I don't remember what it says." Killen said with a HUGE smile on her face.

"Oh, sorry Omega, I was just about to start church with Killen," I smelled a wolf; oh! "Come on Embry, you can join us too." I told my friend. "So what do you mean 'church'? What religion are you?" Embry asked as he sat next to Killen on the other side of my right leg. "Christ-ian!" Killen replied. "The same as everyone else in the Tribe, and it's Christian. You silly willy!" I playfully corrected her.  I started to read out loud, everyone reading 'over my shoulder' so they can help me with words I don't know how to read. It was fun, I got to explain things more. I've always liked being the smartest person in my family and pack. "Al, who is King Artaxerxes? I've never heard of him before." Seth started. "He was a king that hated the Jews." Jacob said almost like he was remembering it. "I wouldn't say that he hated them; Hitler hated them; the king was just really mean to them." But I myself, I do believe that the king, like Hitler hated the Jews. I couldn't say that in front of Killen though, it could ruin how she thinks of God and I don't want that to happen. "But Sissy, I agree with Jake!" She said almost throwing a temper tantrum. "Come here you little beast!" Embry said to her, and she was not in between my legs anymore; she was on his lap. "'... Remember this in my favor, O my God.' Well, that's the book of Nehemiah." I stated after I finished reading it.

"Hey LoLu, come take care of Stori and Snugs before I eat them!" Emmett called to me. "Dude I tried to eat them last week, they don't taste very good!" Jacob teased back. "Haha! Very funny! I'm coming Uncle Emmett." I said getting up from the step. "I'll help you Al." Seth said getting up to follow me into the house and I let him. "So what do you need to do?" He asked. "Well, I-" was interrupted by my brother in law Jasper. "Need to clean out the water bowls, and feed the animals, and remember princess does not get wet food." he finished for me. "Come off it! I can take care of my sister and my cat by myself!" Said blocking Jasper's gift of emotions. "Jas, leave Al alone, mum and dad said that she can do it on her own." My sister Alice told him off. "Thanks sis!" I told her. "Any time!" She said dragging away her mate. 

"Morning sis, Al where were you I went into your room and I didn't see you or Killen?" Rosey asked. "Rosealinta Zoeinta Alsèinta Black! What in the name of Charn were you doing in my room!?" I yelled at my younger sister. "Loom Luna Alsès Kaitlynn Black! STOP yelling! 1: you will wake up all the crossbreeds. 2: I asked Ro to see if you two were up or not." My grandmother Esme said. "Too little too late! I'm awake.  Where's Jacob?" My cousin Renesmee said a little sleepily. "He was Outside with Embry and Kills. Why do you want to know Res?" I replied to her question. 'Hey, Idiot, your mate is up!' I told Jake invading his head. "JAKE!" Renesmee jumped into his arms. "Hey Nessie, did you sleep well?" He asked my cousin. "Al, stop using your powers on me, it's not funny." I just laughed at Jacob when he said that. "Oh but it is!" I told him. "Alsès, if your uncle wants you to stop then you should." My grandmother reasoned. "Thanks mom!" Jake said. "Anytime son." Esme replied to her only living biological son.

I know what you must be thinking, if Renesmee is Edward's daughter and Jacob is Esme's son then how can Jacob imprint on his niece? Well I got the answer they are not biologically related so there's that. And also an imprint is an imprint you learn that when you first start transforming. "Couldn't of said it better myself Al!" Edward said as he walked into the kitchen. "Okay, I see what you mean Jacob. Edward please don't do that!" I told my uncle. "You can just block me from your thoughts, remember?" Edward did just remind me of that. I usually only do that with Alister and Henry. Now I think I just have to block out the whole world!

"Hi twin, you making your favorite brother breakfast!" Alister can be annoying! "No Aly, but you can make breakfast for your favorite sister." Grandpa Carlisle said as he walked in with a bag of I think animal blood. "Grandpa, is that animal or human?" I asked in a very sweet way. "Animal," he whispered into my ear. "YUM!" I squealed. "Alsès, when did you get here!?" I heard Casper's voice say. "We stayed at Billy's house until last night, Killen didn't want to leave Grandpa." I told my little brother.

"Alsès look what Embry made me!" Killen came running into the kitchen saying. "It's beautiful just like you." I told her. "Wait, Embry, is this..." I asked with my sentence trailing off. "Yes, and it's also adjustable so we can loosen as she gets older." He said, what he made her is our tribes version of a promise ring which is a type of bracelet. "Leah wants you." Embry, Seth and Jake said in unison. "Okay where is she?" I asked. "Outside Loca." Seth replied.