Chapter 31

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Harry Potter.

.

Chapter 31:

July 31, 1995

(the present time)

Hermione found herself being pressed against her back on the bed, with Severus kissing her face, hovering her. He had her hands pinned on both sides of her head.

She moaned and kissed him back, enjoying the feeling. For five years, she had always admired her Professor Snape and that developed into a schoolgirl crush when she became a teenager again. Now, she didn't have to feel guilty because it had been him all along - her soulmate, the love of her life. There was a valid reason why she was harbouring feelings for him.

And she wasn't a schoolgirl anymore. She was a woman now; a full-fledged witch.

"I love you so much, Hermione. I can't believe you're here," he repeated the same words he said earlier - perhaps two hours ago.

She smiled when he pulled away to meet her eyes. "I can't believe you've waited for me. Fifteen years, Sev. What made you wait?"

He raised an eyebrow that looked at her as if she had grown another head. "Are you kidding me? Of course, I had been waiting for you to be an adult again... to have your memories back. There's no one else."

She motioned for him to release her hands and he obliged. Then, they sat up on the bed, facing each other. Hermione looked at their appearance. Sev was half-naked and his hair was dishevelled. Meanwhile, Hermione's top two buttons of silk pyjama top were undone, revealing her cleavage. When she moved her hands to do the buttons, Sev stopped her.

"You look ravishing," he smirked and his hand made its way to her top, caressing her left breast. She almost moaned, but she gently removed his hand from her body.

"You like it. Why stop now?" he asked innocently. "You used to like it when I - "

She rolled her eyes but grinned. "And we'll do those things later. Be serious for now," she said. "Explain why you've been waiting. And tell me if there had been someone else. I won't be mad."

"Someone else?" he almost yelled. "Why would there be someone else? Are you fucking kidding me? We were engaged and together for many years... we cared for each other for more than a decade. What we had wasn't a walk in the park, Puckle! Have you forgotten, you're the most important person in my life?"

Hermione felt tears in her eyes, but she was smiling. She remembered that day when they spoke by the lake, a month after the incident with Lily Evans; when Sev told her that she was the most important person in his life.

She reached out to cup his face and kiss him. "You didn't have to wait. You could've met someone else... a wonderful witch who - "

Sev took her hands from his face and shook his head. "No. You're the only one. You're my partner, my everything..." he whispered rather emotionally.

Hermione didn't say anything. It was pointless to ask him more and argue further, so she kissed him gently. "Thank you."

Sev smiled and cupped her face.

"To be honest, I'm glad that there was no other woman," she smirked.

"Just another wizard," he replied with a grin.

She frowned and was about to say something when he spoke again. "An adorable little wizard by the name of Leontes Robert Snape."

Hermione laughed and felt relieved. "Of course. I wonder who chose his middle name."