Chapter 46

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

Chapter 46:

August 12, 1995

(one day ago)

"Hello, Miss Perfect Prefect!"

Hermione slapped Sirius's arm when he met her in the dining room when she came via Floo.

And then, she saw the banner on the wall:

"CONGRATULATIONS, RON AND HERMIONE: GRYFFINDOR PREFECTS!"

"How's Harry?" she asked in a whisper even though it was the only two of them there.

Sirius smiled sadly. "He was half-expecting that he would be named a prefect. But I told him, James was never a prefect but he became Head Boy! He perked up."

She smiled. "Good!"

"And... he asked about his mum, so I had to lie a bit."

She frowned.

"You see, the other day, he heard me and Moony talking to the twins, telling them we were close friends with the head girl and head boy. So, Harry assumed Lily was the Head Girl."

She patted her arm. "It's all right, Siri. No big deal."

"Well, your teen friends are upstairs. I'm sure they'll be delighted to see you."

Hermione quickly ran upstairs, to Ginny's room where she heard Harry and Ron's voices.

"Hey, you lot!" she said as she opened the door.

"Hey, Hermione!" greeted Ginny.

"Mione!" Ron greeted her. He was holding a new broomstick. He noticed where she was looking at. "It's a gift... from Sirius for being made a prefect. Mum and Dad were about to buy me a Cleansweep, but Sirius offered to buy me a Nimbus 2000... And mum and dad instead bought me new school robes."

She smiled. "That's great, Ron." Of course, it was partly true. Sirius bought the broom with the help of Bill, but it was actually Hermione's present. She bought Ginny new textbooks, and it was only fair she bought Ron a gift, too. She and Sirius both paid for Ron's Nimbus.

"Hey, Harry," she greeted her other friend who was sitting on the other bed. She ruffled his hair.

"You're different," her bespectacled friend observed.

"How?" she asked, sitting beside Ginny on the other bed.

"You act more... matured."

She and Ginny exchanged looks and laughed. "Hermione's practically your mum. You wouldn't survive Hogwarts without her," Ginny sniggered.

"Hey!" Ron protested, but Ginny gave him a challenging look.

Harry smiled. "Kinda true. So, congratulations on being a prefect."

"Thanks. And congratulations, too, Ron."

"Guess while you guys are busy patrolling and babysitting little children, I will be focusing on my Occlumency," Harry grinned.

"That's my boy!" she grinned, but Ginny elbowed her. She would have to stop acting like how she acted when Leo was around. Like a mother.

She was just a regular student. A regular teenager.

Thankfully, Ginny would be there to remind her.

.

August 13, 1995