Chapter 44

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

Warning: Mature content

.

Chapter 44:

August 7, 1995

(the present)

Harry Potter was pointing his wand at Severus Snape. "Why was Hermione Granger in hospital wing on December 1992?"

"Because she accidentally drank a Polyjuice potion with a cat's hair," the older wizard replied calmly and his hand gripped the wand pointed at his chest and at the same time, Potter removed his wand.

"I assume this is Potter's house that's why I didn't question him," muttered Severus.

Hermione looked at the drawing-room where the two wizards were standing. Some pictures of Harry and Ginny with a toddler with jet-black hair were hanging on the wall. Then, she nodded. "Yeah, I think so, too."

"Where are my wife and son?"

"Upstairs," Harry sighed and raked his ringers to his hair. "Do you have any idea how they found Hermione and Leo? It's the second time now."

"I am not certain, but it happened when Leo said his full name. So don't say my family name. The little girl's father, your enemy, put a taboo in my name."

Harry Potter gave his former professor a quizzical look. "Because he wants you. You're his new target," he realized after a few moments.

Visiting-Hermione sobbed even more and her grip on Visiting-Severus tightened. In return, her beau wrapped an arm around her and he brought his free hand to her cheek and kissed her forehead. "This will not happen, dear. Calm yourself. I am here."

Visiting-Hermione nodded and turned to the scene again.

"Yes," Severus replied.

"We're going to have a meeting after lunch. Hermione and Leo are in the bedroom on the second floor, first to the right."

Severus nodded. "Thank you, Potter."

The next scene was in the same drawing-room. All of the faces were familiar: Hermione, Severus, Harry, Ginny, Mr and Mrs Weasley, George, Percy, Bill, Fleur, Charlie, Ron, Luna, Neville, and even the Malfoys.

"You're telling me that we need to kill the daughter, your little cousin because she's a Horcrux?" Harry Potter questioned Draco.

"Yes, Potter. She is the reason why the noseless evil is back," he replied impatiently. "And now, he wants my godfather because he's the master spy; the one who fooled him; the reason why he could not defeat a boy like you."

"Don't be daft; it was Dumbledore who protected him," Severus whispered, but only Hermione, who was beside him, heard him.

"But we can't kill a child!" Potter exclaimed.

"Obviously. That's why he is taking his time. As long as the girl is safe, he is safe. All he wants right now is my godfather's head and the rest of us can cower in fear for a lifetime," Draco explained.

Hermione was crying already watching the next scenes. She saw Professor McGonagall's cat Patronus, seeking for their help because Hogwarts had been attacked. She saw her older self saying goodbye to Severus for he went to help along with the other wizards - Mr Weasley, Harry, Ron, Draco and Lucius Malfoy, and the other Weasleys. She saw herself in a bedroom in Harry Potter's house, anxiously waiting while holding Leo. When Severus returned, he was taking them and the Weasley children to a new place because some Death Eaters have captured Neville Longbottom. Harry Potter's house wasn't safe anymore.