Chapter 9

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: All is well here. How about in your place? Stay safe, everyone!

.

Chapter 9:

July 26, 1995

(the present)

Hermione sat nervously on the couch in Severus's study. He went to fetch her family two hours ago. She didn't know what time exactly, but anytime now, they could arrive. Her mind was busy thinking of her Nana, Papa, Mum, and Dad.

She imagined talking to the woman who raised her as Hermione Granger; talking about their childhood. She wondered what it felt like to have a sister. All along, she thought she was an only child. And Richard Granger. She had to thank him for raising her. Hermione couldn't say anything negative about the man who raised her. Richard Granger - her daddy, was a very kind and compassionate man. He doted on Hermione and shared his love for books. It was his duty to read to Hermione every night when she was younger while her mum would take care of the kitchen and Hermione's wardrobe. She felt emotional, thinking about the man who accepted her despite having no blood relations; the man who was always proud of her achievements, both in the Muggle and magical schools.

She cried with joy in her heart. Silently thanking her family who showered her with love and kindness, despite the accident she encountered in the magical world fifteen years ago.

She walked towards the desk where the Pensive was laid and took one of the vials, dating '15 September 2000'. She poured the contents to the marble basin. For the first time, she dived into the Pensieve alone.

Hermione found herself in the headmaster's office in Hogwarts. But something was different. A portrait of Professor Dumbledore was hanging on the wall behind the desk. Professor McGonagall was sitting behind the desk. Professor Snape - Severus, was sitting by the fireplace with her parents: Desdemona and Richard Granger. They were all silent until Memory-Hermione arrived.

Visiting-Hermione looked at the Memory-Hermione. The latter looked older and she was wearing a pale blue robe with the Ministry seal embroidered on the left.

"Headmistress," she greeted Professor McGonagall politely. Then, she noticed the other people in the room. "Professor Snape? Mum? Dad?" Worry was evident in her voice.

"Hermione," Mona Granger approached her and pulled her to a hug. When Mrs. Granger released her, Hermione turned to her father. Richard Granger looked sad.

"Hello, little pod," he greeted, forcing a smile.

"Dad? What's wrong?" Her voice trembled.

"Miss Granger, your parents have something important to tell you, but please do not worry too much. You and your family are not in danger," assured the headmistress.

She nodded, still confused. The headmistress left them. She turned to Professor Snape. "Professor? Are my parents in danger? Has there been a breakout in Azkaban that I am unaware of?"

Professor Snape shook his head, not meeting her eyes. "No, Miss Granger. Your parents are going to tell you something important."