Chapter 36

DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling.

.

Chapter 36

March 21, 1978

(seventeen years ago)

She found her parents in the garage, all dressed-up and obviously waiting for someone; for her. Her dad was the one who spotted her first - they probably heard the faint sound of Apparition.

Hermione was quickly pulled into a hug by her dad.

"Hey, little pod," he greeted as he squeezed her tightly. "I missed you."

"Missed you, too, Dad." Hermione hugged her father tightly, hoping the simple gesture would convey her love and gratitude for him - not just for being a great father but for being there for Sev, a lonely boy who craved for a father's love. Hermione was very grateful to her dad for accepting Sev after what happened in December. And above all, she was thankful to whoever god was up above there in heaven for not taking her father away from them.

"I love you, Dad," she whispered rather emotionally.

Her dad chuckled and hugged her tight. "I love you too, Hermione." He gently let go of her and kissed her forehead.

Her mum approached them and hugged her as well. "Hi, Mum."

"Sweetheart, we've been waiting for you. How's your friend, James?" she asked.

"His best friends are with him - Sirius and Remus," she replied softly. "The other one, Peter comes from time to time; he couldn't stay because of his mother. But I believe James is in good hands, as long as Remus is there."

"That's good, sweetie. It must be very tough for him, losing both of his parents in the same month."

She bit her lip and cried silently. "Oh, Mum, thank God you're here. I don't want to feel what James is feeling right now at this age," she said against her mum's shoulder.

"Oh, my Hermione!" Her mum hugged her even tighter and ran her fingers through her hair. They just stood there, hugging each other. Her mum's touch gave her comfort and her father stood by their side, running a hand on her back. She remembered how hard James cried at the funeral. She could still see the pained look on the face of an orphaned boy at the age of eighteen. She prayed to Merlin that she would never feel that kind of pain - the pain of losing a parent, or worse, both of them - at a very young age. So, when she finally came home and saw them, Hermione was very glad that her family was complete.

.

Severus heard the faint sound of Apparition, but he didn't get up from Hermione's bed - his bed. He knew that he needed to wait until Mr and Mrs Puckle were done speaking with their daughter. He couldn't meddle with that. Above anyone else in the world, Severus Snape respected Robert Puckle the most. Of course, he loved Hermione the most. But for Severus, since he had great respect for the father, it meant he would treat the daughter well.

And frankly, he felt so ashamed and thankful at the same time. He never thought that he would have this second chance with the Puckles. Dr Puckle asked him to explain. Mrs Puckle hugged him like a prodigal son.

And Mona, being the protective older sister, smacked him for being a git and for hurting her little sister's feelings.

Severus wasn't mad. He deserved it. A smack from Mona was nothing compared to the pain he caused Hermione for not showing up on Christmas Day.

After he apologized to Hermione's family, he bid goodbye and told the Puckles he would be staying in his father's house. Tobias Snape was imprisoned months ago for 'accidentally' killing his drinking buddy at a pub. He had the house to himself. He had to stay there for the summer break because it was the home address he gave his brothers. It was where Lucius would send his letters.

Since 1970जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें