Chapter 63

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

Chapter 63:

February 14, 1996

(present time)

Hermione was re-reading the book she found in the Prince library nineteen years ago during her first visit. It was about a healing potion for the mind. Seeing Alice and Frank a few days ago for the very first time in that state was heartbreaking. She just couldn't accept the fact that there was no cure for their condition. Bellatrix Lestrange and the others tortured them to insanity. But if in the Muggle world they had effective treatments for mental illnesses, perhaps there could also be one in the magical world.

She was an aspiring healer. She was one of the best in her year then. She wouldn't stop until she tried hard.

It had been two weeks after the Final Battle, sometimes called The Battle at the Department of Mysteries.

That day, while Harry and Professor Dumbledore were duelling Voldemort (she no longer called him the Dark Lord), Minister Cornelius Fudge and his junior assistant, Percy Weasley, arrived and witnessed the scene. Minister Fudge swallowed his words and admitted to the public that Voldemort was indeed, back in June and had Cedric Diggory killed. He finally told the public that everything Albus Dumbledore said was true. Of course, Amelia, Moody, Tonks, and Kingsley attested as well. Even the head of the Department of Mysteries, Mr Arturius Brown.

Another good thing that happened that day was for the Weasleys. As soon as Fudge apologised to Harry and Professor Dumbledore for not believing them, and Percy realised that his family fought for what was right and that he was wrong, he approached his teary-eyed mother and father just on the other side of the Atrium. He walked to them and begged for their forgiveness like the prodigal son in a Muggle story. Bill silently watched his younger brother knelt in front of their parents. Hermione cried at the scene, too, but she was very happy for the Weasley family.

As for Umbridge, she was removed from Hogwarts and also investigated for using Blood Quill on the students. The headmaster quickly offered the DADA post to Remus again.

It had also been two weeks since she stopped attending classes. When Voldemort's body was collected by the Aurors to move it somewhere, Hermione asked Sev to take her home; to take her to Leo.

For two weeks, there were investigations and trials. Severus stayed at Hogwarts for work (when not summoned by the Ministry), and she stayed home with Leo. However, she was also called to the Ministry a few times, leaving Leo to Eileen. She was questioned about being Hermione Puckle and how she came to Hogwarts for the second time.

Even if she had proven her efforts during the First and Second Wizarding Wars, the Winzegamot still gave her a hard time. Her only consolation was that Fudge and Umbridge were no longer part of that, and Amelia's former boss, Rufus Scrimgeour, became the interim Chief Warlock and Minister for Magic. Albus Dumbledore was asked to come back as Chief Warlock and Supreme Mugwump. However, the headmaster was also busily attesting for Severus and Lucius, and other investigations.

It was a shock for Ron when he learned that almost his entire family knew about Leo and Hermione's real identities and that they were all working together to fight against Voldemort. He was offended at hurt at first. He thought Harry and Hermione didn't trust him enough, but Molly stepped in. Mrs Weasley told Ron that she was the one who told Hermione to keep things from him. The fewer people knew about Leo, the safer he was.

Neville, Lavender, the D.A. members, and the rest of the Hogwarts student body were shocked upon learning that it was her second time attending Hogwarts. She had not seen Neville yet after she left Hogwarts, but Sev said he wanted to see his godmother. He wanted to meet her as Hermione Puckle, one of his parents' best friends. Sev also admitted that he had gotten soft towards the students and he was trying his best not to scare them.