Chapter 45

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

A/N: If you're on IG and would like to reach out, I'm: at missushufflepuff .

.

Chapter 45:

August 10-11, 1995

(the present)

"Hermione!"

Hermione was pulled into a hug by a female redhead as soon as she got out of the fireplace. "Mum asked me to stay awake because you're coming!"

Hermione hugged her young, teen female friend. With her thirty-something body, she was taller than her. "Of course, I wouldn't miss your birthday."

Ginny pulled back and gave her a questioning look. She just smiled and handed her a present wrapped in green and yellow paper. "It's ten minutes before midnight. But here, happy birthday!"

Ginny turned to the other witch in the room, Mrs Weasley, who just gave her an encouraging smile. Ginny turned to her again and accepted the gift. "Oh, Hermione, you didn't have to. But thanks!"

Hermione smiled and patted Ginny's head in a sisterly manner. She sat at the table across from Mrs Weasley. "Open it."

Ginny sat beside her at the table and tore the gift wrap, then the gift box. She found a complete set of fourth-year textbooks and a green and yellow jersey shirt with 'Holyhead Harpies' imprinted at the back. Then, Ginny saw the front. "Oh, Hermione! Are these..."

"Their signatures, yeah," she grinned. "It's a limited edition, I found earlier in Diagon Alley today -"

But she was cut off because Ginny pulled her to a hug. She was crying. "These must've cost you an arm and a leg, Hermione."

Hermione chuckled. "Don't worry, I didn't ask my parents or Severus for money," she said.

Ginny pulled away again and looked at her. "But, the textbooks are..."

"I... Well, Sev and I shared a vault many years ago, when he was just an Apprentice, and I was a Trainee Healer at St Mungo's Hospital. My money remained untouched and he made a withdrawal for me today," she explained.

"Oh, Hermione, dear..." came Mrs Weasleys' voice. "You don't have to buy Ginny those textbooks."

Hermione reached for Mrs Weasley's hand on the table. "It's fine, Mrs Weasley. I've watched some memories from Leo's timeline, and I saw us sharing wonderful moments. Ginny's even the godmother of Leo, and my wedding took place at the Burrow. We're a family, and I hope it will continue that way."

Mr Weasley released her hand just to approach her and hug her tightly. "Of course, my dear girl!" the older woman exclaimed. "We'll be here for you, Leo, and Severus. I will be Leo's nana, even here!"

Hermione returned the hug. "Thanks, Mrs Weasley."

"And we're a happy family," grinned Ginny when Hermione and Mrs Weasley released each other. "The only problem is the prat my mum insists as my brother. You know, the one named Ronald."

"Ginevra!" scolded Mrs Weasley.

Hermione just smiled. "Well, I hope he would take things well once he learned everything..."

"Oh, dear. He is my son and I know him well," said Mrs Weasley. "It's best if we keep him in the dark for now and just tell him about you and Severus and Leo after the war."

Hermione nodded in agreement. "But he will be furious..."

"Don't worry about that. He can blame me. Tell him I all forbade you from telling him anything. Given his temper, surely Arthur will agree with me," said Mrs Weasley with assurance.