Chapter 55

DISCLAIMER: Harry Potter belongs to J.K. Rowling.

.

Chapter 55:

January 2, 1996

(present time)

"Damnit, Hermione... I need you like I need water and air. I need you inside me, all the damn time," Severus said in a hushed tone as he pushed in and out of her, finding the perfect rhythm. "You belong in my bed, you hear me? I want you... a permanent fixture in my bed."

They were in Severus's quarters at Hogwarts. He had some essays to mark, and Hermione would be meeting a friend later at Hogsmeade, so they decided to spend the afternoon in Sev's private quarters. They were just making small talk while she was reading a book and he was reading essays. But then, the small talk led to teasing, and the teasing led to lovemaking.

"Careful, Professor, I might just take you up on that," she teased, but she moaned when he delved into her neck and chest, peppering wet kisses.

"What would stop you from doing so?" he asked seductively.

"Headmaster... and Hogwarts... staff," she managed to say in between her moans, and she felt her release getting closer and closer. She managed to say his name, followed by "Fuuuck!"

Her paramour let out a carnal moan, his eyes closed, as if enjoying, savouring a delicious treat, and with one final push, he spilt inside her.

A few seconds later, Severus lay beside her and pulled her close, her head on his chest. "I love you so much, Hermione. Please, please, don't be mad anymore."

She pulled away just enough to meet his eyes. "I'm not mad," she said with a frown.

"You are. Were," he whispered, cupping her cheek with his free hand. "You don't want me to be there."

Of course. The Department of Mysteries.

"You don't want me to be there, either," she said gently, without any lace of anger in her voice. "You all want me to be here at Hogwarts and babysit students and be a guard for Umbridge and Harry. I'm a full-fledged witch, you know."

Sev kissed her forehead. "I know. I - we didn't say you have to stay here. We'll let you fight. But you don't seem confident when it's happening too soon. We don't want to force you."

She shook her head. "You're not forcing me. No one is... It's just that, I still can't believe the Battle at the Department of Mysteries should happen so soon. This soon. I can't keep on worrying about how prepared Harry is. What if we were just lucky the other time? In Leo's past? What if, this time, we won't achieve the same results? What if it's worse?"

"You're worrying too much. You have to pull yourself together, dear." Severus ran a hand on her back, soothing her.

She shook her head. "You don't understand. I'm worried for Leo. If we fail, we fail him. What's going to happen to him? Are we going to send him back to the past? To the time when we were just Hogwarts students? What will happen to him? Who's going to keep him safe?"

Sev pulled her close. "I swear to you, Hermione, we won't fail him. We will win this battle. Albus and Harry will end the Dark Lord. No one can take Leo away from us. Stop worrying. Trust me, I will do everything I can to make sure he will be protected all the time. No more time travel for our precious boy. No more. He's safe and will always be safe here."

Hermione finally let out a relieved sigh. She trusted Severus. She trusted him with her life. She knew he would never fail her and Leo.

.