Chapter 1

Summary: "Do you love me?" Hermione asked. "I do. Since 1970," he replied.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Here's another story to keep me busy and stop myself from worrying about the Corona Virus Outbreak. I don't want to think of negative things, so I came up with this one.

This story was inspired by the following fanfics:

1. Bewitch, Ensnare by Kittenshift17

2. Aurelian by BittyBlueEyes

3. The Dark Lord's Daughter by AmandahLeigh
.

Chapter 1:

July 15, 1995

(present time)

Number Twelve, Grimmauld Place was a creepy place, Hermione Jean Granger decided. The dark walls, narrow hallways, and serpent-decorated furniture sent shivers down her spine and despite the hot summer weather, she felt chills.

This place was probably creepier than Azkaban, she thought while brushing the stains on the wall of the drawing-room. Upon arriving this morning with Remus who fetched her after a couple of weeks with her parents, Hermione was quick to offer Mrs. Weasley help in cleaning and making Sirius's childhood home 'habitable'. The house was currently being used as the headquarters of the members of the Order of the Phoenix, a secret society founded by Headmaster Dumbledore to fight against Voldemort and his Death Eaters.

"Hermione, dear," called Mrs. Weasley gently from the doorway.

She turned around and before she could say something, the older witch continued. "Take some rest and start in the library whenever you're ready. The Order needs the drawing-room."

"All right, Mrs. Weasley," she nodded politely and she spotted some Order members as she was leaving the drawing-room. Among them were Aurors Kingsley Shacklebolt and Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody, and Hestia Jones. Of course, there was Remus who looked more haggard than ever. She gave him a sad smile, but her former D.A.D.A. professor smiled genuinely and patted her on the shoulder. Behind him was Sirius who looked healthier now that he wasn't on the run with Buckbeak.

"Hello, Kitten," Sirius brotherly greeted her.

"Oh, stop calling me that, Sirius," she said with a roll of her eyes, but not in an unfriendly way. She learned that Ron accidentally told Remus and Sirius about Hermione's Polyjuice incident sometime last week when the Weasleys first arrived at the Grimmauld Place.

"Move, Black," came a familiar bored, silky voice behind. "Unlike you, I do not have all day for this slow and uninteresting meeting."

When Sirius moved, Hermione saw one of the teachers she respected at Hogwarts. Tall, lean with a black curtain of hair, sallow skin, and a hooked nose. Professor Severus Snape was not, by most witches' standards, handsome. But Hermione was not someone who would instantly fall for a wizard because of his physical appearance. Of course, it would be the first thing she'd notice, but it wasn't important. Brains and attitude appeal more to Hermione and despite Professor Snape's cruel words, she admired his intelligence and being veracious. Now, she admired him even more because he was back to being a spy; back to Voldemort's side. He was risking his life every single day for all of them, Hermione thought.