Chapter 2

Summary: "Do you love me?" Hermione asked. "I do. Since 1970," he replied.
.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

This story was inspired by the following fanfics:

1. Bewitch, Ensnare by Kittenshift17

2. Aurelian by BittyBlueEyes

3. The Dark Lord's Daughter by AmandahLeigh

.

Chapter 2:

July 24, 1995

(present time)

Hermione smelled her cayenne pepper tea and smiled. It reminded her of a particular wizard; the only wizard whoever managed to make her heart flutter and send blushes on her cheeks.

She went to the ball with Viktor last Yule and while his gestures were touching, the Bulgarian Seeker did not manage to steal Hermione's heart. They decided to go to the ball as friends. She remembered Viktor teasing her by asking if he was unattractive. She laughed and apologized for not being a member of his fan club.

There was only one wizard whoever stole her heart.

"Where are the boys, Mum?" asked Ginny while putting syrup on her pancakes. Hermione decided to have fruits and cayenne pepper tea.

"Sirius and Remus are with Dumbledore. It was the full moon last night. They'll be back later in the afternoon. Your father and brothers are at the Burrow, mowing the lawn and cleaning the house," replied the Weasley matriarch.

"And Fred and George went home without complaining?" asked Ginny.

"Of course they argued with me, but when your father spoke, they couldn't rebut," Mrs. Weasley replied with a chuckle.

Hermione chuckled as well. She noticed that the Weasley boys were more afraid of their father than their mother. Probably because Mr. Weasley was very kind and gentle all the time.

"Hermione, dear, are you sure that it's enough for you? I can prepare a full English breakfast," offered Mrs. Weasley. "You'll be needing the energy to clean that dusty room on the third floor."

She gave Mrs. Weasley an appreciative look. "This will suffice until lunch, Mrs. Weasley. Thank you. I appreciate the offer."

"You and Severus are alike," commented the middle-aged witch fondly.

"Severus?" she asked, trying her best to sound casual.

"Professor Snape, dear. He only drinks cayenne pepper tea when he's here, nothing more," she explained. "Maybe that's why that man is very lean and his hair grows fast."

"Yes, probably," she replied with a smile. "Cayenne pepper helps lose weight and is good for hair growth."

"Don't rush, dears. It's just the three of us until afternoon," Mrs. Weasley said when she probably noticed that she and Ginny were eating quickly.