Chapter 62

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Harry Potter.

.

Chapter 62:

January 30, 1996

(present time)

Hermione woke up that morning feeling anxious. Today was the day they would be ending Voldemort. Hopefully. Because if everything went wrong, she would probably go crazy and send Leo to Australia, somewhere safe, with her entire family. Or, she might go back in time and just Avada a fifth-year student named Tom Riddle, and Vanish his body.

Last night, she, Harry, Ginny, and the twins met up at the Room of Requirement to finalise some things. Severus and the Order confirmed that Lucius and the other Death Eaters would be at the Department of Mysteries at 4 p.m. At that time, they should create a diversion so Umbridge wouldn't notice Hermione, Harry, Draco, and two other Slytherins were missing.

Hermione couldn't do what the other Hermione did because Umbridge was not the headmistress this time, and Albus Dumbledore still held the headmaster title. Dumbledore's Army had not been discovered yet. Umbridge had no reason yet to request to be appointed the High Inquisitor. Headmaster Dumbledore had full control of Hogwarts. Therefore, they didn't have any reason to use Umbridge's Floo.

"Fred and I were thinking of doing something to get punished by that old hag," George said.

Since that day, the twins learned about Leo, they had been inducted into the Order and viewed some Pensieve memories from Leo's time: the day the twins left Hogwarts, earning a salute for Peeves; the Battle at the Department of Mysteries; Bill and Fleur's wedding; and the Final Battle. Hermione didn't see George cry. She wasn't there when the twins watched the memories, but George was despondent, and Fred was not himself for a couple of days.

"And then, we can pretend that we're done and create that portable swamp, and summon our broomsticks, then leave the school with fireworks," Fred continued.

"Just pretend?" Ginny asked. "You promised Mum you're going to finish your education."'

Fred rolled his eyes. "Of course."

"Besides, the Order said someone has to distract her," George added.

"When we asked the headmaster how, he just winked at us and said he was sure we'd figure it out." That was Fred.

"And anyway, Fudge or the Ministry will have no right to demand the headmaster or staff members to punish us because the Minister wouldn't listen to him when he told him about Umbridge's Blood Quill," Hermione informed them.

Fred and George grinned. "Brilliant," they said in unison.

"Okay," Harry said seriously. "So, you'll distract Umbridge, and everyone's attention will be on you and the swamp. Hermione, Malfoy, his friends, and I can go to the Forbidden Forest, where some Order members will be waiting. Hermione and I are going to the Ministry, and Malfoy and his friends will go to the manor with Mr Brown to kill the snake..."

"That's right," she confirmed. "And then, just in case the other Death Eaters attack the castle - just in case," she emphasized, "Ginny and the D.A. will help Professor McGonagall and the rest of the staff protect the students."

"In case something unexpected happens here at Hogwarts, Fred and I are coming back," said George.

"So, while all of that is happening, Mum, Dad, and Bill would be somewhere destroying one Horcrux?" asked Ginny.