Records Of the Agito - Exploration II

(2018)

(Osaka) 

(The Next Day)

After the exploration in Kobe, the team made their way towards Osaka in hopes to find something in a different city. The city that they saw was no different from the others they had visited. 

Hinata: This place...... Looks dismal as well. 

Wakaba: It's still too early to give up everyone. Let's split up and explore! 

Everyone split up and began exploring the ruined city. The only thing that they could find is nothing but destroyed buildings without even a sign of life. After searching for a while, they decided to regroup back to report their findings. If they even found something at all. 

Hinata: Did find something or someone, Wakaba-chan? 

Wakaba then shook her head at Hinata.

Hinata: I see.......

Yuuna: Wakaba-chan! (Yuuna said as she regroups back along with Chikage) 

Wakaba: Did you find anything? 

Yuuna: We didn't see anyone. 

Tamako: Same here! (Tamako said as she regroups back to Wakaba and the others along with Anzu) 

Anzu: There isn't even a sign of a cockroach everywhere. 

Wakaba Is that so? No survivors here either, huh? 

Yuuna: Huh? Shouichi-san has not returned yet. (Yuuna said as she realized the usual big-mouthed idiot is still not back) 

Hinata: Now that you talk about it, Shouichi-san is really late. 

Yuuna: I'll go look for him! (Yuuna said with a worried tone as she rushed off somewhere) 

Chikage: Wait! Takashima-san! (Chikage said as she went after Yuuna) 

Wakaba: Let's go after them as well. (Wakaba said as she carried Hinata and went after Yuuna and Chikage) 

Tamako: Yeah! (Tamako said as she and Anzu followed Wakaba's lead) 

(Yuuna and Chikage's Location) 

After looking for a while, both of them saw the green-horned warrior standing still in front of an entrance of a subway station. 

Yuuna: Shouichi-san! 

Shouichi: ....... 

Yuuna: Shouichi-san? 

Wakaba: We finally caught up to you! Did you find something, Shouichi? 

Shouichi silently turned back to them while holding something in his hand. 

When the six of them saw what Shouichi was holding, the feeling of fear and at the same time, the feeling of disgust swept over them. 

Hinata: Don't tell me-?! 

Anzu: I-is that?! The real thing? 

Shouichi: Yeah, it's the real thing. 

The thing that Shouichi was holding is a real-life human skull. Shouichi then walked over to the now soft part of the ground and began to dig up the dirt before burying the skull in it, giving the victim of the Vertex at least somewhat of a burial. 

Shouichi: I don't know who you are but it must be tough. At least try to rest in peace. (Shouichi said as he kneeled down and prayed for the dead person followed by the rest of the team) 

After praying for the dead person, they decided to rip open the fire shutters and enter the subway station in hopes that what they find outside is not the only thing that they found.