Records Of the Agito - The Unknown Past

A/N 

/words/ (English words)

(Shouichi's dream)

Shouichi was walking around in the darkness.

Shouichi: *sigh* Again with this....... How many times do I have to this?

Shouichi continued to walk around until a blue crow approached him and turn into a human form. 

Shouichi: As I expected, it's you right?

Wakaba: You're right, but as if there's anybody else can do this.

Shouichi: You're not wrong there, so what's the problem now? 

Wakaba: There's nothing really, but I wanted to tell you this..... no it's something, that you have to know (The girl said as she then took a seat and signalled Shouichi to sit beside her) Why don't you take a seat first, and I'll tell it to you.

Shouichi: Um..... okay...... (Shouichi then took a seat next to her)  

Wakaba: It's gonna take a while, but you'll listen right? To my story. (The girl said with a sad face)

Shouichi: Yes..... I'll listen...... As long as you need...... 

Wakaba: Then, I'll begin...... The story...... of how this all began...

2015...... I remembered it as Judgement day for humanity. Vertexes....... strange monsters that had suddenly attacked humanity...... They had destroyed the world and stolen the lives of innocent people. They indiscriminately attack and kill every single human. All conventional weapon is useless against any of them. There was nothing that humanity can do as if this was the punishment that was sent to humans from the gods. In the same year...... it is said several young maidens have awakened their divine power as they gain a weapon that is able to defeat those creatures. 

(August 2018)

(Suwa, Nagano)

A piercing blue sky spread out overhead. The summer sunlight relentlessly poured out across the vast land. A young man with brown hair was in the field, doing some fieldwork along with some other adults. 

???: Let's take a break everyone!!!!! 

At the dark brown haired girl's sign, all of the people immediately stopped what they were doing and wiped their sweats as they took shelter under a tree. The brown-haired boy immediately walked towards where the girl was resting along with a chocolate-haired girl. 

Boy: Here good work, Utano. (The boy said as he gave the girl a bottle of water)

The girl's name is Shiratori Utano, the Hero who has been protecting Suwa for the last two years. 

Utano: Thank you, Shou-chan

Utano: Thank you, Shou-chan. (The girl said as she accepted the bottle of water) As expected the water from you is /the best/

And the boy's name is Ashikawa Shouichi, Utano's childhood friend.