The Connected Past I

(Sonoko's Mansion)

(Nighttime)

As Shouichi fell asleep for the second time, the nightmares struck him again. The moment he couldn't forget that keeps haunting him in his dreams. Shouichi couldn't snap out of it until he felt a tug on his shirt and opened his eyes. 

Sonoko: Shouichi-san!!!! Shouichi-san!!!!! Are you okay???!!!!

Shouichi saw Sonoko frantically trying to wake him up.

Shouichi: *pant* *pant* *pant* Sonoko*pant*chan........... (Shouichi then immediately covered his face with both of his hands)

Sonoko: What's wrong, Shouichi-san? (Sonoko said as she rubbed his back trying to calm him down) 

Shouichi: *pant* No.....*pant*..... nothing's wrong..... I'm....... It's nothing...... *pant* It's just a normal bad dream.....

Sonoko: But bad dreams don't happen twice a day you know...

Shouichi: ........

Sonoko: Don't lie Shouichi-san....... It's the second time for today that you've woke up like that. There's obviously something wrong....... 

Shouichi: *sigh* Alright, I admit it. I'm a piping hot mess. ............*sigh*.......... Nothing's been the same since that day...... we experience things...... and when they're over you still can't explain them....... It's....... It's pushing me to the edge........  

Sonoko: .......

Shouichi: The only reason I haven't lost my sanity, is probably because of them. Of you....... and I gotta protect the only things that are still keeping me in one piece, starting from the Lords............. That's why..... I chose to get away from them. From you.................. If I can't protect you, at least....... I have to make sure that you no longer have to experience that fear anymore......

Sonoko: Shouichi-san....... (Sonoko immediately pulled Shouichi and hugged him in her chest) I'm sorry...... I'm sorry that you have to experience that kind of thing and still..... you have to do endure it until this moment....... It's all my fault. I shouldn't have told Wasshi and Yuuna-chan about the Sange........ Maybe this all wouldn't have to happen to you.

Shouichi: .......

Sonoko: That's why, please........ at least let me be by your side....... I want to be on your side..... no matter what happened to you from now on. 

Shouichi: Sonoko-chan...... thank you.........

Sonoko: You're welcome~~~~

Shouichi: By the way, I've got something to ask you...... 

Sonoko: What is it~~~~~?

Shouichi: What are you doing in my room at this time of night?

Sonoko: Isn't it normal for a couple to sleep together~~~~~

Shouichi: A couple? But we're still middle- schooler, though......

Sonoko: That's no problem~~~~~ As long there's love, there's nothing impossible~~~~~~

Shouichi: Love, huh?.......

Sonoko: What's wrong, Shouichi-san~~~~~~? Are you still thinking of not accepting my love~~~~~? That's too bad because I'm not letting you run away this time~~~~~

Shouichi: Don't get me wrong, but I don't think there's nobody that will not accept your love.

Sonoko: Eh?! (Sonoko's face turned into a mix of shock and bashfulness)