Records Of the Agito - Overconfidence

(2018)

(Shikoku)

(At a certain Hotsprings Resort)

Shouichi looked at the clear water in front of him while the surrounding of him is covered in steam. The boy then slowly stepped into the giant bath which was just reserved just for him and laid down at the corner of the bath. 

Shouichi: Ah~~~~~ This is it...... Onsen for the first time in the last three years....... (Shouichi said as he relaxed his worn-out body) Everything should be perfect but if not for just one small thing. What are you doing here? (Shouichi said as he looked at Hojo with sharp piercing eyes)

Hojo: For one thing, I'm your teacher, of course, I have the right to be here, especially you. You should thank me for covering for you so many times. You're rampaging in defeating those Lords were not easy to ask for forgiveness and we have to make many compensations just so those people will not sue us. 

Shouichi: Hey, at least I get the job done. 

Hojo: *sigh*...... Why did the head even have a child like you?! (Hojo whispers to himself in an angry tone) 

Shouichi: Did you say something? 

Hojo: No, it's nothing....... By the way, how's your body? 

Shouichi: I'm healthy as any middle schooler boy. 

Hojo: You know that's not what I'm talking about. 

Shouichi: What do you mean? 

Hojo: Don't play dumb. Just one result of the check-up was already far more than enough to determine your body's condition. No matter how much you reject the monthly body check-up.

Shouichi: .......

Hojo: Your body is deteriorating, right? At first, you can still withstand the pain, but what about now? The more you fight the more you're slowly dying. 

Shouichi: Even so, what did that have to do with you? 

Hojo: I don't really care what you do, at least treasure the life you've been given. 

Shouichi: Why do you care?! I have a promise to carry out. That's all there's to it. 

Hojo: You really don't get it, huh? Alright then, just a piece of advice. Take it from an old man, if you keep this up you'll only die a miserable death. At least try to live up to your parent's expectations.

Shouichi: Eh?! Oi, what do you mean by that?! (Shouichi asked him as he knew that there's something wrong)

The man then step out of the bath and exited the bathroom ignoring all of Shouichi's questions. 

Shouichi: For goodness sake, what's wrong with that man??!!! (Shouichi said angrily) My perfect vacation is just down the drain and it's all thanks to him. But.......A miserable death, huh? he's got a point........ But I should've died alongside Utano and Mito at Suwa........ A miserable death won't do anything to me at this point.

Just then, he heard a splash from the women's bath next to them. 

Shouichi: That's must be Tama. For goodness sake, that girl has no shred of femininity inside of her. (Shouichi said with a smile) 

Tamako: OI SHOUICHIIIII!!!!! I can hear you, you know!!!!! (Tamako said screaming through the bathroom walls)

Shouichi: Oh crap, really?! 

Tamako: Yeah!!!! 

Yuuna: Shouichi-kun!!!! What were you discussing with sensei just now? (Yuuna said screaming through the bathroom walls)