Records Of the Agito - What It Means To Protect

(The Next Day)

As dawn shone on the Marugame Castle once again, Wakaba and Hinata were already waiting for Taisha's car to take them to meet Shouichi. 

Hinata: Looks like it's here. (Hinata said as she pointed to the black car which is headed their way)

Wakaba: Yes......

When the car arrived, both of them immediately hopped on the car as they were told to and took a seat. 

(A few hours later)

Wakaba and Hinata arrived at one of the Taisha-affiliated hospitals. The both of them walked in to be greeted by the priest. 

Priest: Wakaba-sama. Hinata-sama. Please follow me......

The priest then led Wakaba and Hinata to a secret underground passage below the hospital. The passage was a long white corridor with many rooms but no other sign of life besides Wakaba, Hinata, and the priest leading them. After walking for a while, they arrived at the very last room of that hallway. 

Priest: Now, I'll take my leave....... (The priest then walked away from Wakaba and Hinata in front of the door)

After the priest was no longer out of sight, Wakaba and Hinata opened the door to the room. When the door opened, and both of them looked at the insides, it really surprises them. One, a fully grown-up man, is sitting up at the corner of the room, all curdled up while crying. Two, Shouichi, who was still strapped to the bed showing a smug face at the man still crying for eight hours straight.

Wakaba and Hinata: 0_0 (The both of them looked at the room with confusion)

Inner Wakaba and Hinata: W-what's with this atmosphere??!!

Shouichi: Ah! Well, well, isn't it Nogi and Uesato...... How're you guys doing? Especially you, Nogi. You were beaten down pretty hard. 

Wakaba: I-i'm fine........ thank you....... (Wakaba answered nervously)

Hinata: B-by the way...... what's wrong with that person? (Hinata pointed to the man who is still crying at the corner of the room)

Shouichi: Ah, Hojo-san....... He said he's the interrogator or something like that wanting to get the secrets of my power but........

Wakaba: But?

Shouichi: I just told him things that would make an older man in his late 30s break down in tears. 

Wakaba: I-i see...... Even so, isn't this going too far?

Shouichi: Too far? I should be the one saying that. Well, it's not that I actually care. By the way, what are you guys doing here? (Shouichi said as if nothing is wrong)

Hinata: We were worried that the Taisha would treat you horribly......, but it looks like we were wrong.  

Shouichi: Ah, don't worry. As you can see, I'm doing great right now....... I got three meals a day and have no problem with entertainment. 

 Hinata: If you told where did you really get your power, you'd probably have been released more early, though. 

Shouichi: Well........ it's not something I want to talk to anyone about, especially the people from the Taisha. I don't exactly trust them or any of you, by the way. 

Wakaba and Hinata: ...... 

Wakaba: Ashikawa....... If you're saying that you don't trust us,....... Then why...... why did you save me? 

Shouichi: ........Call it on a whim. There's no particular reason to save you, though. I just never thought that you are really that weak. That's all there's to it.