Shinning Evolution

(3rd POV)

(A Little bit Before The Heavenly Gods Final Assault On Mankind)

(Inubouzaki Household)

After Fuu, Karin, and Itsuki has left, Shouichi returned back to curling up in the small corner of his room. Mellowing how pathetic he is right now. 

Shouichi: No matter what we do...... Nobody can change our destiny...... It's either us....... or nobody....... 

Just as Shouichi made that pathetic statement, someone or rather something that transparent to his naked eye, punched him right in the gut. 

Shouichi: AGHH!!! What the-?! 

Before Shouichi could process the incoming information, that same something grabbed him by the collar and tossed him across the room like a ragdoll. Not stopping there, Shouichi suffered a strong jab right in his cheek. 

Shouichi: WHO'S THERE???!!! 

???: Out of all this time, I thought it might be the ending of this long battle with the heavenly gods, but what the hell are you doing sitting here curled up on the corner of your room when everyone is out there fighting?????!!!! 

The transparent figure then began to materialize, a figure with a golden aura surrounding itself like a spirit but with an appearance that Shouichi could immediately recognize. It was how he would look in his previous life, 300 years ago. The spirit that is standing in front of him is none other than Ashikawa Shouichi. 

Shouichi: Ashikawa........ Shouichi......

Ashikawa: I see that Wakaba has told you everything about me. How it began and how the power of Agito has been passed on till this day. And now, for you, that is wasting away like this. What happened to you? What do you want to do? What happened to your oath to defend everyone's place to be? 

Shouichi: I...... I've been fighting all this time because I couldn't live with what Taisha was doing right now. But despite that, I did the same exact thing as them. I claimed I was fighting to protect others, but I had to sacrifice others to do it.  

Ashikawa: Yep, that must sound so stupid and embarrassing. 

Shouichi: Then, what was I fighting for in the first place???!!!! Is it just something to decide who would be saved and who would be abandoned? Then tell me!!! For 300 years the same cycle has repeated itself! Can you truly call that protecting at all?! 

Ashikawa: The thing called "Fighting to protect" is a contradiction from the start. The only thing that power is good for is....... destroying. 

Shouichi: But...... there's nothing I want to destroy. I don't even want the power to do so!!! 

Ashikawa: *sigh*.......

Growing more and more frustrated by Shouichi's unwillingness, Ashikawa then grabbed him by the collar once again and punched him once again right in his face. 

Ashikawa: Get in your head already!!!! What you're supposed to fight is not the Taisha or the heavenly gods! It's the iron-clad rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange for hope. That kind of rule....... Just destroy it! Destroy it...... and change the world. 

Shouichi: Me?

Ashikawa: Yeah.

Shouichi: Changing the world? 

Ashikawa: That's right. Do you know why the Taisha really doing what they are doing right now? That's because...... they are weak. 

Shouichi: Weak?