chapter 33(yeji's backstory pt. 1)

(yeji and the rest of her friends are in 3rd year of highschool here)

Hwang Yeji grinned as a random classmate that came over to her table, said a joke that she couldn't understand. 

"and that's..."

She smiled as her classmate rambled on whatever topic she was saying. She honestly couldn't care less about what he was saying.

It was always like this ever since she was in middle school. People would act mushy around her just because of the name she was carrying. Many "friends" would smile in front her and glare behind her back. It was always like this to the point she was used to it. 

As the bell rang, she let out a sigh of relief when the guy that came over to her desk went back to his own desk. 'Don't be stupid, no one would ever be your friend.' She thought over and over. 

Their homeroom teacher started their session and all of them paid attention. 

-after classes-

"yeji! come with us! We're going to the karaoke!"

'you'll just make me pay' Yeji thought as she smiled painfully fake and waved his hand as a sign of declining the offer. 

"I can't today, I have something to attend to after class." of course that was a lie. 

The one who offered didn't even hide their frown and rolled their eyes. "ugh, whatever. I'll let you off this time. then, See you tomorrow Yeji-ah!"

Yeji smiled and waved. 'you damn bitch. not even bothering to hide how a gold digger you are.' She sighed tiredly and was about to stand up and go to her locker when a voice so loud and intimidating echoed throughout the classroom.

"aahh~~ this stupid bitch really," the unknown girl grunted as she pushed random buttons on her phone. Her friends laughed at her, used to how she acts when she's playing games on her phone.

Yeji looked beside her and she saw a girl, chewing a bubblegum, along with her other friends. 

"yah! Ryujin! stop disarranging the tables!" 

This Ryujin girl huffed and set her feet back down. 

Yeji tilted her head to the right, 'hm, I never noticed them here. Who are they?'

Ryujin coincidentally glanced  at yeji and raised a brow. "A princess, what are you still doing here?" 

Yeji flinched. 'princess?' 

"who do you mean princess?"

Ryujin clicked her tongue. "who else is treated like a princess around here. You of course." 

Yeji had a troubled expression on her face. "ah- Ryujin! I told you to stop bullying other people!" Her friend smacked her head. Ryujin pouted and rubbed her head. "I didn't even do anything....yet"

"ugh, whatever. Anyways," The girl turned towards yeji and smiled. She extended her arm in a form of a handshake and introduced herself. "My name is Lia, Choi Jisu is my real name though!" 

Yeji smiled and kept her guard up. 'I can't trust others immediately.' She reminded herself. 

"yeji right?" Lia smiled and shake their hands when yeji clasped her hand with hers.

"yeah.." yeji trailed.

"My name is Chaeryoung!" Chaeryoung smiled and waved her hand. Yeji smiled and bowed as a sign of respect. "Yuna, Shin Yuna!"  Another girl said and smiled widely at yeji. 

"you already know my name," Ryujin said as she looked at Yeji. 

Yeji smiled and nodded. "yes indeed. Ryujin right?" 

Ryujin nodded cooly and offered a chair at Yeji. 

"saw that you ditched your friends, miss princess."

Yeji didn't hide her scoff. "friends?" 

Ryujin widened her eyes but then looked at yeji amusedly. "oho? Didn't knew the perfect miss princess can scoff."

Yeji rolled her eyes. "they just used me anyway, why would I act nice." 

Ryujin shrugged. "fair enough."

Lia cleared her throat. "enough with this gloomy talk." Lia glared at Ryujin. The latter raised her hand in defense and continued playing her video game, yuna and chaeryoung teasing her. 

Yeji looked at the friend group in longing. "I wish I can have this type of friends too," She covered her mouth in shock. "I didn't mean to say that-" 

Lia, who heard, smiled and shook her head. "no, it's fine. You probably don't know but we're in the same section." She smiled widely. "I figured they were just using you for your money and you felt really lonely inside."

Yeji stared at her with her eyes wide. She looked down, close to crying. "you..know how to read people."

Lia giggled. "I get that a lot." Yeji chuckled and sighed. "yeah, you're right. I do get lonely most of the time." Yeji looked out the window, seeing the sun about to set. 

"I just want to have friends to laugh with, cry with, have gossips with..you know all types of things friends do. but, I...just can't find anyone I guess." Yeji unexpectedly let out all those words she was feeling, all things she tried to hide, in front of this stranger. 

Lia had a sympathetic look on her face. "I understand how you feel. I used to feel like that actually."

Yeji looked at her in shock. "you did?"

Lia laughed and nodded. "of course I did! Everybody feels like that once in a while. But, Because of them," She looked at the three who were starting to fight. "Because of them, I didn't feel like that anymore. I actually felt happy!" Lia giggled.

Yeji felt her heartthrob. She smiled and giggled. "yeah, it seems to be that way."

Lia looked at yeji and beamed."How about you hang out with us? It's fine if you don't want to-"

Yeji jerked up in her seat. "I can?" 

The three, Ryujin, Chaeryoung, and Yuna, looked at Yeji. "what was that noise about?" 

Lia waved it off. "I was just suggesting that Yeji should hang out with us, that is of course, if it's okay to her."

Yuna and Chaeryoung beamed. "The great princess?? Hanging out with us willingly?? Sure!!" They cheered.

Ryujin shrugged. "I don't really care man, that is if you hurt my friends then that's a different story." She raised a brow. Yuna puffed out her cheeks. "Stop scaring other people Ryujin!" She covered Ryujin by standing up in front of her and crossed her arms. 

"So what do you say?" Lia asked Yeji who stood still.

Yeji clenched her fists. "Of course it's fine with me !" She yelled and sobbed out the tears she was resisting. 

The four flinched at her sudden high voice that echoed the room. 

They laughed and hugged yeji. "Welcome Yeji!" They shouted in unison and laughed.

Yeji laughed and wiped her tears. "Yeah, Thank you." She smiled and hugged backed.

------

OKAY

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE VERRYYY VERYYY LATE UPDATE!!

School finally ended and I have time in updating this book. 

There will be 2 parts in yeji's back story and then the school festival! Hope you look forward to it >_<