chapter 39 (school festival pt. 2)

Mark and Yeonjun giggled among themselves while Soobin stood beside them, drained as hell. 

 Yeonjun glanced at Soobin and noticed that he was awfully quiet. Normally, he would either cling to him or argue with Mark but today he was just quiet. 

'maybe I neglected him too much?' Yeonjun thought to himself. He mentally shook his head. 'it's not like we're dating so that's not the reason' He sighed. Right, maybe Soobin doesn't like him that way, and what if he's straight?

Mark shook Yeonjun. "Hey! Look at how the photos turned out!" 

Yeonjun looked at the photos and laughed lightly. "We look stupid!" He gushed. 

Soobin took a peak and felt irritated. 'why is he so close to Yeonjun Hyung?'

Yeonjun pointed at Soobin in the picture and stifled a laugh. "Soobin you look so monotone!" 

Mark snickered and looked at Soobin with a teasing gaze. Soobin glared at him and crossed his arms. 

"It was getting boring." He plainly said. 

Yeonjun pouted. "aww, I'm sorry." He mumbled. 

Soobin gasped quietly and panicked. "no- it's not like that! I was joking!" 

Yeonjun nodded, not convinced, and dragged both of them outside. "Let's do something else then." 

Mark pursed his lips and carefully et go of Yeonjun's grip. "Uhm...It's getting ate Yeonjun. I gotta find my friends and hang out with them!" He tried to say enthusiastically. 

Yeonjun looked at his wristwatch and it said that it was 4:00 pm. "right, right. Sure, Mark. thank you for the fun!" Yeonjun giggled. Mark stared at Yeonjun with admiration and felt his heart squeeze. "yeah.." Then, Mark left. 

Soobin raised his brow at mark's behavior. "hey Hyung."

The two continued walking, seeing the stalls slowly closing. They decided to find Taehyun and Hueningkai so they can eat somewhere together or something. 

Yeonjun hummed and scrolled through his insta. 

Soobin took that as a sign to continue. "what will you do if someone of the same gender confesses to you?" 

Yeonjun paused his scrolling and felt his heartbeat sped up. "w-what do you mean? haha.." He asked awkwardly. 

Soobin glanced at him and put his hands at the back of his head. "You know, a guy confessing to you?" 

Yeonjun hid his phone in his pocket. "W-well, I haven't told you yet Soobin but actually, I'm pan," He said hesitantly. 

Soobin looked at him, acting surprised. "really? I didn't know. So that means you've dated a guy right?" 

Yeonjun stopped walking and the memories that he thought were already buried, came back rushing to him. "y-yeah.."

Soobin looked away. Of course, he knows, he just wants to mess around. "Then, what if I'm the one that will confess to you?" 

Yeonjun choked on his spit and coughed. Soobin patted his back and laughed. "I was just joking!" 

Yeonjun laughed blankly. "yeah..joking." He mumbled.

Soobin looked up at the sky. 'was that too much?' He thought. Yeonjun sighed. 'of course, it was just a joke. Well... whatever. I'm too tired to think about this. Let's just wait for kai and taeh-'

"Soobin Hyung! Yeonjun Hyung!" 

Taehyun shouted. They turned their heads and waved at them. 

"We finally found you guys, let's eat somewhere!" Hueningkai exclaimed.