chapter 57 (Yeonjun)

TW!

-a week after the incident(present time)-

After that incident, Yeonjun has been skipping school making his friends and Mark worried. The news reached his parents' ears but this time, they defended Yeonjun. They would not make the same mistake twice, Yeonjun is their only son and they should treasure him. 

They let Yeonjun take a break from school but only until the final exams. 

Yeonjun was damaged both physically and mentally. He couldn't care less about the fact that many people heard about what happened, no, that wasn't the case. It was because Soobin did that. Soobin did the worse and didn't look like he had any remorse. 

He sniffled and wiped his snot with a tissue that he was holding. Yeonjun laid on his bed, wrapped with thick fluffy futons like a cocoon. He exhaled tiredly and wiped his eyes. His face looked so exhausted, his skin dry and pale. His hair so greasy as if he didn't took a bath for weeks. 

Taehyun and Hueningkai came over but he didn't pay any mind. His dream just now was bugging him. He had that dream for almost a week straight. 

He can't even cry anymore, no tears left to cry because of crying too much. 

He finally stood up making Taehyun and Hueningkai huddle beside him. "Hyung?" Kai called out. Yeonjun ignored them as if they weren't there and went inside the bathroom.

Yeonjun sobbed and locked the door of the bathroom before they could enter. The two banged the door continuously, an indistinct conversation is the only thing Yeonjun can hear from them. 

Hueningkai told Taehyun he'll go downstairs and inform Mark and Yeonjun's parents. 

Mark was also in Yeonjun's house for a week, visiting the boy everyday but not going up his room only if he was asleep. He was currently prepareing cookies alongside with yeonjun's mom when Hueningkai came running to them. 

"Hyung! Mrs. Choi!" 

The two looked at him alarmingly. Mark walked towards Kai and held his shoulders. "What? Did something happen to Yeonjun?" He worriedly asked. Hueningkai nodded and was about to say something when Mark hurriedly ran upstairs and to Yeonjun's room. 

Mrs. Choi gave kai a glass of water and also walked upstairs, having a worried expression. Kai drank the water and went alongside with Yeonjun's mother. 

Yeonjun looked frantically looked around. He opened a drawer and finally saw teh knife he was hiding in the bathroom. 

"I wanna end this." he muttered. 

Mark banged the door furiously. "Yeonjun! Stay there! Don't do whatever you're thinking!" 

Yeonjun shut his eyes close making the tears spill out. "I'm Sorry." he mumbled and took the blade. He was about to stab his abdomen when the door shut open. 

Mark threw the knife away and hugged Yeonjun, placing the boy's head on his shoulder letting him cry. Mrs. Choi and kai arrived seeing the two huddled together. The three hugged Yeonjun nd letting the poor boy cry out.

-----

Yeji sat on Soobin's lap, the boy not seeming to mind it at all. 

"You finally did it." Soobin said, breaking the silence. Yeji checked her nails and blew on it. "Yeah." She said indifferently. 

"You won't tell anyone that I slept with a boy back then anymore right?" yeji laughed at the statement and laid her head on his chest. 

"Of course, childhood friend." Yeji said and took out her phone. 

Soobin clenched his jaw. "You'll leave Yeonjun alone right?" Yeji sat up straight and looked at Soobin. "Why?" 

He sighed and gently pushed Yeji aside making her stand up. "What-"

"I'll apologize to him." Soobin stated firmly.

Yeji looked at him in a ridiculed manner, she snorted and then laughed at soobin. "You're seriously thinking he'll come back to you?!" She shouted. 

Soobin looked at her seriously making Yeji flinch. "I don't care, I'll.." he looked down and didn't continue. He left the place but yeji kneeled down before him, blocking him. 

"Please...don't leave me." Yeji cried. 

Soobin looked at her expressionlessly and left the place. Yeji desperately cried out for Soobin, hoping he was joking and this was just one of his jokes. "Soobin!" Yeji called out and reached out her hand, Soobin's frame blurring out as soon as he walked far away.

"n-no...No! Soobin..please." She sobbed out. "I'm sorry.." She muttered. 

-----

Little Soobin laughed as he chase his childhood friend Yeji who was also 8 years old. Yeji stumbled upon a rock making her fall on the grass. 

her knee was scrapped making her cry when she saw blood oozing. 'wah' She cried. 

Soobin tched at her. "You're so weak, Yeji." He teased. 

Yeji looked up at him and pouted. "b-but" She stuttered. 

Soobin reached out his hand making yeji looked at it in confusion. "Since you're weak, I'll be there to protect you." He proudly said. 

Yeji looked at him and smiled widely. She accept his hand and interlocked their hands together. "Okay! That's a promise."

Soobin grinned. "Of course! It's a promise!" They both giggled together. Two innocent child happily playing not knowing how the future will unfold.

 -----

so they were childhood friends~~ this story almost ending tho :(