Chapter 40 (school festival pt. 3)

notes at the end!

-----

The four of them arrived at KFC and ordered whatever they wanted to eat. 

Soobin checked his phone when he heard a notification. 

Yeji-ah

Hey! I just saw you guys. Let's proceed with the plan.

Soobin narrowed his eyes at his phone. Here he thought that she would let it go for once. 

Soobin

Whatever.

"here's your order" A waitress handed their order and the three except Soobin. 

Yeonjun ate his fried chicken and accidentally glanced at Soobin. He made a confused face when he saw that he wasn't eating. "hey soobin, are you okay? you've been frowning since earlier." 

Soobin flinched in surprise. "oh, nothing happened. just family..stuffs" He smiled reassuringly. 

Yeonjun nodded in understanding. "I can relate." he chuckled. Soobin smiled seeing Yeonjun laughing and felt his heart flutter. He gasped and clenched his fists. 'what the heck?'

Taehyun and Kai looked at the two of them blankly. "can we just get out of here?" Taehyun whispered. Kai nodded and sighed. "for real though, what's stopping them" he whispered back. 

"Hi, Soobin!" A familiar voice said. 

Yeonjun flinched and hid his head. 'what? what is she doing here?'

Soobin glanced at Yeji. He forced a smile and greeted her back. "hi Yeji-ssi. Fancy meeting you here?" He grimaced at his own acting. It sounded more like a question that sounded awkward. 

Yeji looked at Soobin with a stern gaze as if telling him to straighten up or something. Yeji walked towards Soobin and clung to him. Soobin acted as if he was 'flustered' and laughed awkwardly. "what are you doing so suddenly??" 

Yeonjun glanced at them secretly and felt a pang in his chest. Taehyun's eye twitch at the sudden thing that happened. 'what the heck?' he thought. "Uhm- Yeji..noona? What are you suddenly doing? Soobin is clearly uncomfortable." 

Kai looked at Taehyun with sparkles in his eyes and clapped quietly. "wow. Way to go Hyung!" 

Yeji raised her brow. "and who are you?" 

Taehyun gritted his teeth and laughed drily. "No one really. Just someone you don't need to know." 

Yeji faked a grin. "right, so you do understand. Just keep your mouth shut and don't intrude sweetheart." She smiled purposely closing her eyes while doing so. 

Taehyun smiled in irritation. Yeonjun sighed and Kai gasped while watching the whole tea. 'Help me.' Was literally written on Soobin's face. 

Yeji looked at Yeonjun and smirked. "Hi there Yeonjun-Oppa."

Yeonjun flinched. He looked at yeji and smiled awkwardly. "Hi..uhm...Yeji." 

Yeji sneered and placed her right arm around Soobin's shoulder- almost sitting on him. This made Yeonjun looked at them with a hurt expression, making kai and Taehyun worry. 

"I didn't know you were here! I'm hurt. We were close enough to let to know where we are right?" She faked pouted. Soobin looked like he was panicking but inside he was so bored and just wanted to go out and get this over with.