Chapter 50 (camp trip pt. 5)

Happy 50th chapter🥳

-----

Yeonjun and Soobin were eliminated after fooling around with each other and the two went back to their own cabins. The teachers decided to call off the event due to the heavy rain that poured after the first round. Now, all the students are inside their rooms eating dinner. 

Yeonjun noticed that Mark was unusually quiet. Normally Mark would bother him but today, he was awfully quiet. 

So he decided to tell Mark what he wanted to say.

"Hey, Mark," Yeonjun called out gaining mark's attention. He tilted his head and smiled at Yeonjun. "What is it Yeonjun-ah?" He answered.

Yeonjun smiled and placed his food down on the table. "I have something to say!" 

Mark's expression faltered but changed it back quickly. "What?" He questioned, acting like he didn't see that earlier. Yeonjun clasped his hands together and grinned. "It may be late to say this but...I and Soobin are dating!" He exclaimed happily.

Mark forced a smile and grinned. "Really? That's great. I'm happy for you." 

Yeonjun pursed his lips and sat down quietly. "Hey...Is something wrong?"

"What- Of course. Why do you ask?" Mark asked. Yeonjun shook his head. "Well, I noticed that ever since you went inside the room, you've been down. So, I thought maybe...you know..." He awkwardly reasoned out and flapped his arms around. 

Mark laughed and shook his head. "No- Not at all. I'm just...moving on from something." He muttered. 

"What was that?" Yeonjun asked. Mark waved his hands. "No, nothing." 

Mark bit his lip and hesitantly asked Yeonjun. "uh...Yeonjun?" 

Yeonjun looked up and chewed his food. "What?" Mark rubbed his neck. "Uh well...I know it's not my place to ask this but...what about Soobin-sii's fiance?" There he said it. 

The other gasp and looked away. "Oh, uhh, well...Soobin probably doesn't know that I knew about his marriage things." 

Mark widened his eyes. 'that bastard didn't even mention anything about that but still answered Yeonjun's confession? How shitty can he be?' He thought angrily.

Yeonjun shook his head. "It's fine Mark. I'm sure he will mention it sooner or later." He said as his voice wavered. 

"Are you okay? I'm sorry I bought it up-" Yeonjun chuckled. "It's fine. We probably won't last long anyway." He looked down, gulping the truth down his throat. Engraving what he said to his brain...not in his heart.

Mark kept quiet and continued eating. Call him selfish but...deep down he wished that was the case. 'God, I hate myself.'

-----

Morning came and the teachers woke the students up for a morning exercise. They all grumbled as they prepared their morning routine, cursing their teachers inside but also knows that it's for their own good. 

"Morning exercise? But I thought we get to have a free time today." 

"I know! They even woke us up as early as 5 am!"  they whined. 

Mark and Yeonjun went out of their room together, meeting up with Soobin and Beomgyu which was the room beside theirs. "Hey, Soobinnie! Beom!" Yeonjun greeted as he went beside Soobin's side. 

Soobin secretly gave Mark a sour look and smiled at Yeonjun. Purposely placing his hand on the other's waist, he gave Yeonjun's head a peck. "Hi, hyung. Had a good night's sleep?" Yeonjun nodded happily. 

Beomgyu looked at them blankly but inside he felt rage. 'how dare Soobin touch my best friend innocently.' He was about to go to them when he caught a glimpse of Mark. The boy looked at the couple with a sad expression. He looked at the two back and forth. "Now, what is this?" he whispered. 

The four walked out of the building and into the open ground. "Gather Everyone! Let's quickly do our morning exercise then eat!" Ms. Cheng said. Groans were heard but the students complied. 

"One! Two! Three. One. Two. Three."

-----

As the hours passed, the teachers said they would watch a movie using their old projector. A horror movie at that. 

A student-staff was assigned to et up when Yeji and her friends bust through the room. "Hey, we have a favor to ask of you. Don't tell anyone." 

She nodded scaredly. 'what is Yeji doing here?'

Yeji handed over a USB drive to her and instructed her something. "Instead of playing the movie, play this instead," Yeji smirked.