Chapter 58 (Yeonjun's Resolve)

Hi! Sorry for the late update!!

-----

Mark glanced at Yeonjun, who was wrapped in a thick futon. He pursed his lips, his heart aching with how unstable Yeonjun's mental health is. Just thinking about what happened when he didn't break that door flushed into his mind, giving him shivers. He doesn't want to think that, but he can't help himself.

Taehyun, Hueningkai, and Yeonjun's mother decided to leave the two alone. His mother sobbed as she went out of Yeonjun's room alongside Taehyun and Kai. It hurt their hearts that Yeonjun would do that without any hesitation. They were thankful to Mark.

Yeonjun sobbed and wrapped the futon tighter around him, as if looking for comfort. Mark wanted to hug him, but Yeonjun might cause another tantrum and it would take hours to get him to calm down. Mark said 'fuck it.' in his mind and sat down beside him on his bed. He waited for Yeonjun to push him off, but didn't receive any violent reactions from him.

Mark used this opportunity to talk with Yeonjun, but where could he start?

"Yeonjun..." Mark whispered gently, the only sound in the room, together with Yeonjun's occasional sniffles.

Yeonjun didn't say anything in return. He didn't have the energy to do it. Mark nodded, feeling stupid. 'Of course, he won't reply after what happened.' Mark puffed his mouth. "I won't expect replies from you, but I just want to say that..." Mark looked at Yeonjun, but the boy had his head down. "I'm here for you."

Mark stood up from the bed. He patted his jeans and walked towards the door when he felt Yeonjun grip his shirt. "d-..don't leave me." Yeonjun rasped. Mark felt his heart throb from both ache and fluster and sat down beside Yeonjun. He hugged him gently, being careful not to hurt him. "If that's what you want." Yeonjun sobbed once he felt Mark's arms around him. "I'm sorry." Yeonjun mumbled into Mark's shirt.

Mark shook his head. "Don't be. The one who should be sorry is-" He stopped himself from talking and said nothing but gripped Yeonjun tighter. "Don't apologize to Yeonjun-ah."

Yeonjun nodded his head, his greasy hair riffling around evidence of not taking a bath.

After about 30 minutes or so, Yeonjun finally calmed down and the two laid down on Yeonjun's bed, saying nothing. Yeonjun suddenly giggled, making Mark look at him in wonder.

"What's funny?" he asked.

Yeonjun shook his head. "Nothing, just... laughing at how shitty my life is." He said as he stared at his room's ceiling. "I've been through something similar before, but somehow this time it hurt more. I guess I liked Soobin that much. " Mark said nothing and also looked at the ceiling.

Yeonjun continued, "I had an ex. His name was Seungwan. Soobin probably knows that by now. " Yeonjun laughed humorlessly. "I loved him, Seungwan. He was what you would call my first love. Then he met Yeji and I think that was when my nightmare started. " Mark tapped his hand around the bed to find Yeonjun's hand. He gripped his hand in a way of comforting the other.

He giggled and thanked Mark. "Anyway, long story short, they got together, left me and I became an outcast. Then, in my final year, I met Soobin. He paused, making Mark glance at him. "Why?" Mark asked.

Yeonjun shook his head, his lips pouting a little. "mm, nothing. I just feel like I have bad luck with love. " Mark chuckled. "Me too." Yeonjun looked at him. "You do?" Mark held eye contact with Yeonjun, making his heart flutter. "Yeah." Mark smiled.

"Tell me about it someday." Yeonjun said, with a relieved sigh, that talking to Mark made his worries go away. Mark nodded. "I will." Yeonjun sat up, Mark following. "Right," he looked at Mark. "Thank you for stopping me." Mark ruffled Yeonjun's hair. "I'll always be there for you, so don't look back." Yeonjun giggled and hugged Mark tightly. "Okayyy". Mark was startled but hugged him back with a smile, enjoying the warmth he got from Yeonjun.

-----

Taehyun, Kai, and Yeonjun's mother waited patiently downstairs for them to go down. Yeonjun's father came home by now, worriedly rushing towards his wife. "What happened to Yeonjun?"

Mrs. Choi teared up at the sight of her husband and hugged him in relief. "He's fine. We're just waiting for him to come down here. " Mr. Choi sighed in relief. "Thank God." Taehyun and Kai bowed down with respect when they locked eyes. "I'm Taehyun and this is Kai. We're Yeonjun's friends. " Yeonjun's father smiled at them. "Thank you for taking care of our son."

Taehyun and Kai bowed down to him. "No, no, no. It's our pleasure to be friends with Yeonjun Hyung. " Mr. Choi laughed. "Okay then."

They heard footsteps coming down and they all rushed towards the two figures. "Yeonjun! Mark!"

Mark and Yeonjun smiled at them. Mrs. Choi hugged Yeonjun and sobbed. Her husband comforting her. "My poor son, Who would do this to you? " Yeonjun smiled at her mother and hugged her back. "Don't worry about that now. I just needed some alone time. But I'm fine now. " He glanced at Mark, smiling at him. Mark blushed and smiled back.

Taehyun and Kai looked at each other with knowing looks and giggled among themselves.

Yeonjun's father raised his eyebrows at Mark. "And who might this young man be?" He asked with an intimidating tone. "Are you the one who hurt my son-" Yeonjun calmed his father down. "Dad, calm down. His name is Mark and he was the one who stopped me. The one you're talking about is Soobin. " Yeonjun said with hostility. Mr. Choi gasped.

"That Choi's son?!" Yeonjun sighed and rubbed his head. "Yeah, that Choi's son." "I should've known from our enemy's son. Let's settle this and cut ties with them!"

Yeonjun smiled. "Yeah, and I'll do my part when I see him."