chapter 45

The two arrived earlier than Beomgyu who was at least 20 minutes late. 

Soobin yawned while scrolling on his phone, his hand holding Yeonjun's.

"Hey hyung," Soobin called out. Yeonjun hummed in response sipping his milkshake. "Beomgyu's already 20 minutes late maybe he won't come?" He said, mentally convincing the other. 

Yeonjun shook his head in disagreement. "he will come, just wait." Yeonjun stated firmly. 

The other sighed and pouted, his head on the table. After waiting for an extra 10 minutes, their guest finally arrived. 

"Yeonjun hyung!" Beomgyu called out excitedly, feeling lively that Yeonjun wanted to 'hang out'. This was actually a 'confessing meeting' where everything would go downhill. But of course, Yeonjun didn't know that. 

Soobin flinched and laid his head on the table, refusing to meet Beomgyu's gaze like an idiot. Yeonjun waved widely, almost standing up, and smiled. "Beomgyu-ah! Come here!" Beomgyu complied and sat down in front only to see someone he didn't want to see at all. 

All of a sudden, all the colors on Beomgyu's face were drained. "What- What is he..doing here?" He stammered. 

Yeonjun grinned and smacked Soobin telling him to sit up straight. He wrapped his arms around Soobin's biceps and said the words Beomgyu didn't wanna hear. "That's the reason why I invited you, We're dating! or if that's what you call it." He smiled widely. 

Beomgyu didn't want to spoil Yeonjun's mood so he forced himself to laugh, coming out awkwardly. "Ahahaha. Really? That's good for you then." Yeonjun giggled happily and laid his head on Soobin's shoulder. 

Soobin looked at Bomgyu sharply as if telling the other to shut up. Beomgyu flinched at his gaze and nodded, looking down. Yeonjun tapped Soobin's arm and pouted. "Don't just shut up there, say something to Beomgyu. I told you that he explained everything, no need to be wary." He winked at Beomgyu. 

Beomgyu grinned forcibly. "yeah. I'm sorry again." He lowered his tone. 'shit, I told Yeonjun hyung to not say anything. Did he mention the warning? I hope not or else I'll be really dead by now.' he thought, close to crying.

"Oh! You can order anything you want Beom, I'll pay since I was the one who called you out." Yeonjun offered. Beomgyu genuinely smiled. "thank you, hyung." He'll think about everything later, first free food. He thought seriously.  Yeonjun laughed and waved his hand. 

Soobin looked at Yeonjun, who was pestering him, with 'affection' in his eyes. 'Damn, this will be easier than I thought.' Soobin cruelly thought while side hugging Yeonjun who had no idea about anything.

-----

After they talked and catch up with Soobin glancing fiercely at Beomgyu making the boy uncomfortable now and then, nothing serious really happened. The three decided to go home since it was getting dark. 

Yeonjun stood up and took his phone off the table. "Let me go to the comfort room first." He excused himself. Beomgyu looked at Yeonjun's figure with invisible tears. 'no! don't leave me alone with that monster!' He mentally cried. 

Soobin cracked his fingers when Yeonjun wasn't in sight, making Beomgyu flinched and a shiver went up to his spine. Soobin cracked his fingers this time awfully slow as if provoking Beomgyu. The boy didn't say anything and just looked down obediently. 

"So." Soobin started. Beomgyu force himself to look at the older and said, "Yes?" He sits up straight as if used to this. 

"You told him?" Soobin went straight to the point. Beomgyu shook his head firmly. "I...didn't" His voice wavered. Soobin raised his brow and looked the other side. "Good. You know what'll happen if you did right."

 Beomgyu knows it well more than anyone. His parents would go out of business, his sister....he doesn't know what's going on with his sister's mind. All he knows is that his sister loves that Yeji and would do anything for her. if he had a choice, he would not betray his best friend, ever. But destiny was playin' with him. 

Yeonjun went back to their table and shook his hands to dry, the water droplets that were left on his hands evaporated. "Ready to go?" 

-----

Beomgyu opened the door of his apartment. The lights were off, almost looking like an abandoned house. He sighed and tossed his keys on the counter nearby. He took off his shoes and placed them neatly beside the umbrella stand. 

He sighed and plopped on his bed not bothering to change his clothes and take a shower. he didn't even wanna wait for his sister to arrive home. 

He laid with his back on the bed and grabbed his phone out of his bag. he mindlessly played a gam, his mind blank and just bored in general. 

ding! 

"a notification?" he thought aloud. It's been a while since he received a notification, unless it was from his sister or Yeji, he doesn't really get any notification. 

Taehyun-ah: 1 notification!

Beomgyu widened his eyes. "Taehyun?" he murmured. 

-----

"Thanks for escorting me home." Yeonjun giggled and pecked Soobin's cheek. 

Soobin hugged Yeonjun and nuzzled his nose on the other's neck. "Always hyung." Yeonjun blushed but rubbed Soobin's head nonetheless. 

"Now, go along!" Yeonjun shooed Soobin, afraid that his parents might see them together or any of the people inside the mansion. 

Soobin pouted but waved goodbye. "See you tomorrow hyung." 

Yeonjun nodded and waved at him. Soobin went inside his car where his butler was in. (he called him) 

"let's go." Soobin ordered. The driver nodded and they went off. 

Yeonjun went inside his mansion and the gates opened automatically for him. "Welcome back, young master." The maids lined up, greeting him in unison and bowing respectfully. Yeonjun smiled at them and sighed. "I told you to stop calling me that." He whined. 

His maid blushed but remained to bow. "But young master, there's no way I can do that." 

Yeonjun sighed and patted the maid who blushed at the contact. "Okay, fine. You can all leave now." They nodded and went on their own ways. 

"Hi, son." His mother greeted. Yeonjun smiled and hugged his mother. "hi mom, just went back from work?" he greeted back. 

His mother nodded and took a seat in their kitchen. "yeah, your dad will come home late. Work problems." She shrugged. 

Yeonjun nodded and shrugged too. "'kay. I'll go up to my room first then we can hang out!" He beamed. Mrs. Choi laughed at his son's behavior and nodded, also excited to spend some time with his son. 

After that, they spend time with each other without a care in the world. Yeonjun laughed happily along with his mom who was also laughing at the movie that they were watching. 

----- 

Wear masks!