chapter 55 (Truth)

TW!

-A week later-

Yeonjun walked alone in a room with complete darkness. "Am I dreaming?" he thought aloud. Was this what they call a lucid dream? Where someone is aware they are dreaming.

He sighed tiredly and sat down in the dark place. He tried calling out to someone stupidly thinking there was someone to save him, someone to hold him in the dark where he hates the most.

Yeonjun doesn't like the dark. He gets scared and felt like invisible dark hands were reaching him, dragging him in a place where he was all alone with his thoughts circling. Negative thoughts screaming at him how he was worthless and he was better off dead.

He reached out his hand desperately calling for help when a light illuminated. The light was almost not visible. It was so small and far that Yeonjun screamed so hard, thinking the light might reach him.

Suddenly, as if heaven reached out to him, a hand reached out to Yeonjun. Eliminating the dark, dirty hands dragging him down. Yeonjun sobbed as he took the hand and hugged the person, whoever that was.

"Hyung?" Yeonjun looked up to a familiar voice.

He wailed louder as he hugged the person. "Soobin!"

"Hyung?"

"Hyung?"

Taehyun and Hueningkai shook him harder making the other jolt awake.

"Hyung?" Kai worriedly said. Yeonjun looked at them with wide eyes and dark bags below his eyes, proof that he was not able to sleep properly.

"Soobin!" Yeonjun said in a panicking manner and looked around desperately hoping to see a glimpse of him but to no avail. Taehyun and Hueningkai looked at him with sad eyes.

"Hyung...he's not here." Taehyun carefully said, as gently as possible as if a word can break Yeonjun completely.

Yeonjun looked at them with red and puffy eyes. "What....ah I see.." He said while laughing blankly. He gripped his hair with his right hand and laughed with tears spilling his eyes.

"That's right. Soobin the one that betrayed me." he laughed loudly, feeling stupid and so betrayed he couldn't help at how trusting he was and how idiotic it was of him.

Taehyun and Hueningkai couldn't say anything but just hugged him. What can they even say? Nothing can make him feel better, it was the one he loved so deeply that betrayed him in the first place.

-A week ago-

Yeonjun quickly walked in the corridor near his classroom, hearing the whispers of the students he walked by. The news went around the school almost too quickly as if someone purposely spread it. Yeonjun doesn't have the time to find out who it was but he cursed them to death.

Was it really necessary to spread it? goddamn.

It was lunchtime and Soobin was not with him. He left him to do errands, well that's what Soobin said. Yeonjun begged him to skip those first but Soobin assured him with his sweet-talking telling him it would just a couple of minutes.

But it was already lunchtime and he was not back yet.

Yeonjun started to overthink when Beomgyu pulled him. Beomgyu locked the janitor's office and turned on the light. He looked at Yeonjun seriously.

"Oh, Beomgyu, it was you." Yeonjun sighed in relief.

Beomgyu kneeled at Yeonjun making the other drop his things and also kneel."h-hey! What are you doing out of a sudden??"

Beomgyu didn't stand up and kneeled with his head touching the floor. "I apologize for everything!" He exclaimed making Yeonjun flinched. "What do you mean, beom? You didn't do anything wrong-"

"I did the worse thing you could imagine, Yeonjun Hyung. You'll find out sooner or later Soobin's true colors and all the horrible things he and Yeji planned against you. And I was a part of it!" Beomgyu cried guilt weighing his heart down.

Yeonjun backed away in shock and shook his head repeatedly. "No, that's- that's not true. Soobin wouldn't...he wouldn't.,..." Yeonjun collapsed on the floor with a thud making Beomgyu lookup.

Beomgyu kneeled beside him and panicked. "Hyung. Are you okay? Did you broke a bone or something?" he said worriedly.

Yeonjun looked at him furiously and pushed him down, making Beomgyu wince in pain. Yeonjun gasp and apologized. "I'm so sorry, it's just...I can't believe you Beomgyu. Please stop this nonsense. I'll pretend I didn't hear any of this, okay?" He walked out leaving Beomgyu.

Beomgyu was about to chase him when his sister tuts. "Beomgyu, I told you it won't be that easy."

"But today's the day." Beomgyu bit his lip.

Lia sighed and adjusted his skirt when she stood up. "I know." She reached out her hand for Beomgyu to grab on. She pulled him up and patted his shoulders. She opened the door and continued her words.

"The day where the truth will unfold."

-----

I'm sorry for the depressing chapters that will happen in the next chapters.