chapter 53 (Beomgyu and Yeji)

Beomgyu mustered up his courage and mentally prepared himself. His sister, Lia, gripped his hand, reassuring him. Beomgyu smiled thankfully and opened the doorknob.

Distinct murmurs and laughs were heard at the other side of the door. Beomgyu clenched his fists on the doorknob as he listened to the chattering.

"Did you see the look on his face?" Yeji laughed.

Ryujin snorted. "Is it that funny to you Yeji?"

Yeji smirked and then shrugged cooly, "Maybe."

Beomgyu bit the inside of his mouth. "Oh no, What if...when I confront them I..."

Lia hugged his trembling brother and hushed him. "Shh, don't think that, let's stay positive okay? How about we don't do it today and wait after-"

He interrupted her. "No, let's do it right now."

"But.." Beomgyu shook his head. "It's okay Noona, I'll handle it alone. You don't have to do this." Lia sniffled and rubbed her teary eyes. She nodded. "I'll wait outside." Beomgyu gave her a nod before entering the room.

-----

Mark pulled Soobin under a large tree where there were no people. He went straight to the point and said what he heard.

"Plans." Soobin scoffed. "What?"

Mark glared at him. "the both of you were talking about plans. Perhaps what happened yesterday was related-"

Soobin laughed loudly interrupting Mark causing the boy to twitch his eyebrow in irritation.

"Are paying with me-"

Soobin waved his hand dismaying the idea. "No, no you're wrong. You were just having a misunderstanding, Mark. There's no such thing as 'plans'." He quoted.

Mark scowled at Soobin. "If you think that I'll believe you, then think again Soobin. I know what I heard."

Soobin rolled his eyes. "Bro, whatever you are thinking. it's not true at all. I don't have any ties with Yeji-"

"You're his fiance." Soobin paused and snorted. "Ah, I guess you knew that part."

Mark narrowed his gaze at him. "Are you fucking kidding me right now?"

Soobin sighed. "So, what is your point? Mark." Mark forced a smile. "I'll tell everything I know to Yeonjun."

Soobin laughed. "You think he'll believe you? And so what if it is true, will he handle it? And you'll be the knight in shining armor? Grow up, Mark." He said as he patted Mark's shoulder and left.

Mark scoffed and slid his fingers in his hair. "Damn it."

-----

Yeonjun tossed and turned on his bed when he heard a knock on his door. He didn't say anything. He didn't have the energy to.

The knocking stopped and the door opened. Yeonjun faced his wall, blankly staring at it.

"I'm coming in." Yeonjun heard Soobin said.

There was no response and but Soobin went inside the room anyway. "hey, Hyung."

Yeonjun forced himself to sat up but Soobin refused to let him. "It's fine Hyung, you deserve some rest, and uh, the teacher said we'll be leaving after an hour." he nodded and laid down on his bed, still not emitting a word.

Soobin sighed and sat beside Yeonjun on his bed. "I'm sorry that happened-"

"It's fine. It's not your fault." Yeonjun finally said, with a hoarse voice.

Soobin looked down on the floor with guilt. "but partly it is my fault" He wanted to say but he doesn't want to.

Yeonjun forced himself to laugh. "How am I supposed to go to school? The whole school already knows anyway."

Soobin bit his lip, feeling his heart heavy. "I'm here."

Yeonjun looked at him with red eyes and tears pouring down on his face. "Yeah?" He chuckled humorlessly. "You'll leave soon, everybody does."

Soobin shook his head. "No, I won't." Yeonjun looked at him with hope glinting in his eyes. "you promise?"

Soobin held Yeonjun's pinky interlocking it with his. "I promise."

But promises are meant to be broken.

-----

Beomgyu opened the door to the room where Yeji and her friends were.

Yeji and the rest looked at him. Yeji smiled widely and went closer to Beomgyu. "Beomgyu!" She exclaimed. She opened her arms, acting like she will hug Beomgyu.

Beomgyu stepped back making Yeji pause. "Eh? If you aren't here to let me hug you? Why are you here?" He narrowed his gaze at Yeji. "I'm here to cut ties with you, my part's done right?" He stated firmly. 

Yeji snorted. "and you'll expect that Yeonjun will take you back?" 

Beomgyu wanted to tell her to shut up but held it in. "yes." 

Yeji flipped her hair. "Then, you're free to go." 

"I also want my sister to cut ties with you." Yeji stopped walking and clenched her fists. "Whatever." She simply said before her friends pushed Beomgyu out of the room. 

Beomgyu grunted as he was pushed out and looked around for his sister. Once he saw her, he walked towards her and laughed gleefully. He hugged her sister and said the good news. "It was a success!"

Lia laughed and hugged his brother patting his back. "that's a relief." She smiled but deep down she wanted to stay beside Yeji but she knows it's wrong. 

'whatever.' She thought tiredly, tired of everything.