Chapter 54 (Back to School)

Yeonjun sighed as he leaned his head on the window. He was currently in the bus that was heading bask to the their school, ending the school trip that was nothing but hell for Yeonjun. He could almost hear the whispers and feel the stares that was thrown to him. They were not the least modest. 

Not like any of this was new to Yeonjun.

But this time, it was different. There was someone beside him, Soobin. At least, that's what he thinks.

He looked beside him to see Soobin leaning his head on Yeonjun's shoulder, asleep. He observed every little detail Soobin's face have. His long lashes and his button nose. How the sun rays touched his skin from the window, showing how paled skin the boy was. 

Yeonjun thought to himself. "Why is Soobin not bother by what happened at all?" 

Normally, when something happened like that, everyone would leave. Just like last time. But how can that be that Soobin was not bothered at all. Yet, Yeonjun doesn't want to know. He's afraid to know. 

He snapped out of his thought when Soobin groaned and snuggled closer to Yeonjun. Yeonjun's heart beat wildly and he blushed. he looked out the window watching the cars pass by and sighed, exhausted. 

-----

Beomgyu scrolled through his twitter, finding something related to what happened last last night to Yeonjun. There were so many witnesses that there was a 100% chance it would spread. 

He looked at his phone in horror when he saw that many students posted about it, some even have a video recording of it. He looked at Yeonjun's seat anxiously. "How am I supposed to tell this to hyung?"He whispered to himself. 

Lia looked over to his phone and tched. "I can't believe I helped in all that." She guiltily said. They really need to apologies to Yeonjun. Not like an apology can solve anything and what if Yeonjun won't accept it?

Beomgyu sighed and turned off his phone. "Can you maybe stop the spreading?" Lia asked. Beomgyu pursed his lips. "i can but if it spreads even more, I don't know what'll happen." He answered. 

"Well at least you did what you can." Lia reassured and held Beomgyu's hand gripping it gently. Beomgyu laughed lightly and nodded. "It's rare for you to act so mushy mushy with your brother."  He teased. Lia smacked him on the head making the other wince. "There." Lia retorted. They chuckled and continued talking with each other. 

-----

After hours, they finally arrived. The teachers instructed students to go home immediately. Ms. Cheng looked over everywhere for Yeonjun, hoping to have  a chat with him. 

When she found him, she called him over. "Yeonjun, Choi Yeonjun!" Yeonjun looked at the one who was calling him and when he saw that it was his teacher, he felt nervous. 

Yeonjun looked at Soobin. "I'm going home a bit later so don't wait up for me and leave." He said to him. Soobin opened his mouth to say anything but Yeonjun shook his head. "I'm fine, just...leave first. I'll manage." 

Soobin said nothing and nodded. he gave Yeonjun a last hug and went inside his car, with his butler waiting for him. 

Ms. Cheng gestured Yeonjun to follow her somewhere without any people.  "Follow me." SH esaid as gently as possible to not pressure Yeonjun in any way.

Yeonjun nodded and they arrived under a big tree at the back of the school. 

She faced Yeonjun and hugged the boy softly, still leaving some personal space. "Oh, you poor thing." She cried. 

Yeonjun gasped at the sudden hug and awkwardly stood there.  "Uhm-Ma'am?" He hesitantly called out. 

Ms. Cheng gasp and pulled away from him and wiped her tears. "I'm sorry, it's just...I know how hard it was. I've been there." She laughed a bit. 

Yeonjun looked at her in shock. "What do you mean?"

"I also experience something similar before, my jerk ex." She shrugged. 

Yeonjun looked down and giggled. "Guess all of our exes were jerk, huh?" Ms. Cheng joked. Yeonjun nodded and sighed deeply. 

She went towards a bench nearby and patted the seat beside her. Yeonjun sat beside her and looked up the sun. The shadow of the big oak tree, shading them. 

Ms. Cheng also did the same thing and smiled sympathetically. "The school year's ending so...everything would end soon." Sh esuddenly said, breaking the silence. 

Yeonjun rubbed his hands together. "Yeah, I know. I just thought that, even after he changed schools, it still feels like his haunting me." He said as a tear fell. 

He laughed drily and patted away his tears. "oh, sorry." 

Ms. Cheng shook her head. "You need to let it out, it's fine." 

He nodded and let the tears flow. A sob left his lips as he ranted. "I don't know why these kind of thing happens to me all the time. It won't be log when everything will be open to the whole school. And I'll be the talk of the school again." He sobbed and breathe shakily. 

"I just...wonder if I did anything so bad in my past life that this happened to me." He chuckled. 

Ms. Cheng looked at him with pity and wiped her own tears. "I can't do anything that may help you in any way except for defending you and telling the students to not spread but still know that I'll always be by your side, Yeonjun." 

Yeonjun looked at her and cried even louder. Ms. Cheng chuckled and held the shaking boy. 

-----

What's with me and big trees? and here we can see Yeonjun's feelings more:(