Chapter 38 (school festival pt.1)

-A week later-

Fortunately, Yeonjun didn't have any major injuries so he was able to attend the school festival. Right now, the school is having an opening ceremony before the fun begins. 

Yeonjun sighed tiredly, listening to their principal blabber for an hour wasn't fun at all. They have so much to say and it's all repetitive which was sickening. 

Soobin, who was seated beside him, noticed that Yeonjun was tired from the opening ceremony. He nudged him carefully. "Hey, Hyung. Wanna lay on my shoulder for the meantime?" 

Yeonjun widened his eyes and blushed madly. "W-what?? It's fine Soobin!" He denied and fanned himself using his hand to 'lessen' the blush. 

Soobin chuckled. 'You're so predictable hyung'

Yeonjun turned away from Soobin and huffed. 'Ahhh! That was a perfect chance Yeonjun! You idiot!'

"And with that the 00th Anniversary of the School Starts!" was what woken Yeonjun up. Slowly, the students stood p from their seats and left the gymnasium where they had their opening ceremony. 

Soobin clung his arm around Yeonjun's shoulder. "Hyung, Since you can't participate in that contest anymore, how about we roam around the school together?"

Yeonjun looked at Soobin, baffled and flustered. "What?? What about Taehyun and Huening?" Soobin shrugged. "they told me that we can go ahead" Yeonjun mentally shouted in his mind. 'why now??'   

"Show me proof!"Yeonjun demanded.

Soobin chuckled and handed his phone to Yeonjun. The latter checked Soobin's phone and sure enough, Taehyun said that they can go ahead.

'Damn you, Taehyun-ah!' Yeonjun cursed mentally. It's not that he doesn't want to be alone with Soobin, he's just afraid that he might mess up and mistaken this as a date. 'date? wah, that's going too far Yeonjun!' He scolded himself. 

Soobin shook Yeonjun. "Hey! Hyung! I said, let's eat!" 

Yeonjun snapped out of his gaze and nodded absentmindedly. "What do you want to eat?" Soobin asked Yeonjun, holding Yeonjun's hand. Yeonjun looked down at their hands and blushed again. "anything's fine soobin." 

Soobin chuckled at Yeonjun and shrugged. "Okay, if you say so." They held hands their entire trip to food stalls without noticing. 

"two Corndogs, two kimbap, and two water bottles please" The student who was selling, nodded and started to cook their order. 

Yeonjun looked around. "there are so many people here." Soobin nodded and wiped his sweat. Yeonjun looked down and noticed they were still holding hands. He pulled his hand and pretended to wipe the sweat. "Oh! I'm sorry, my hand's sweat will get on you." Soobin looked at his hand and shook his head. 

"it's fine, it's my fault for holding your hand so suddenly." Yeonjun shook his hands in denial. "It's okay Soobin! Don't blame yourself, I...don't mind it either." Yeonjun looked in the opposite direction and rubbed his arm. 

Soobin widened his eyes at his statement but blushed after. "I-I won't do it if you're uncomfortable so, tell me if you hate...it." 

'Damn, the plan was just letting him fall for me, not me falling or him. oh well, it's just a fling...I hope.' Soobin thought, frustrated...kinda. 

"here's your food." Soobin thanked them and paid. 

"Hey, we should've split the money," Yeonjun complained but accepted the food nonetheless. "It's okay, just think of this as a date." Soobin shrugged and lead them to an empty table. 

Yeonjun felt his heart thump. "date?" He asked, flustered. They sat down and settled themselves before eating. Soobin nodded. "yeah, a date." Yeonjun huffed with red cheeks. "stop saying misleading stuff. 

Soobin laughed. "what if I'm not joking? What would you do?" He asked with his head tilted. 

Yeonjun pursed his lip. "w-well, I don't know!" He groaned, feeling very flustered to the point he started sweating. Soobin giggled. "I'm joking, let's just eat." Yeonjun pouted and started eating. 'there he goes again, teasing me.'

"Yeonjun?" 

They heard a distant voice call. 

Yeonjun turned around and smiled. He waved his hand and gestured the one calling his name to come closer to them. 

Soobin tsked and continued to eat his food silently. 

"Hey, Mark! It's been a while since I last saw you!" 

Mark grinned. "Hi, Yeonjun! I barely see you around the school so I missed you." Mark turned to look at Soobin and smiled forcibly. "Hi...Soobin." Soobin smiled back fakely and Mark turned towards Yeonjun again. 

'ugh, why is he here?' Soobin thought, annoyed.

"Yeonjun-ah, Since I can't find my friends, can I stay will you till then?" Mark asked. 'of course, I can't find them. I bailed them to see Yeonjun so..'

Yeonjun glanced at Soobin hesitantly agreeing with Mark. After all, Soobin looks irritated whenever Mark was around, Yeonjun was not that naive. 

"Sure, Mark." Yeonjun smiled. 'just until he finds his friends I guess,'  Yeonjun thought, mentally apologizing to Soobin. 

Soobin huffed and opened the lid of his water bottle. 'Why did he agree?!'  Soobin mentally cursed Mark for coming and butting in when they were finally together alone. 

-----

Mark clung at Yeonjun, almost jumping. "Yeonjun! let's go there!" he pointed at a photobooth. 

"A photo booth?" Yeonjun asked confused. "They legit put a photo booth here?" 

Mark shrugged and dragged Yeonjun. 

Soobin sighed and rubbed his temples. 'How am I supposed to spend time with Yeonjun alone if that fucker is here?' he tsked.

An hour has passed since Mark tagged along with them. But the other two (Yeonjun and Mark) were the only ones having fun. They hogged almost all of the game booths and won so many prizes they have to leave some behind. 

Soobin sighed and followed them inside the photo booth. Whatever it takes, He will not leave the two of them alone. 

-----

Hi guys! So this may be a Lil shorter than usual but don't worry since the school festival will have three (I'm still not sure tho) parts!!

And yall can see that Soobin's developing feeling for Yeonjun 👀

Toji being a dilfff😩😋