chapter 43 (soobin and kai)

-Soobin:6 Kai: 4-

Little kai cried when he noticed his mother was gone and 'left' him at the grocery store. It's been a while since he started searching for his mother but to no avail, he couldn't find his mother. 

A boy looking much older than little kai looked over the sounds of wailing. 

"Hello?" little soobin asked. 

kai looked at the stranger and sniffled. "m-mommy.." He stuttered.

Soobin looked at him weirdly. "I am not your mommy." He stated firmly and was about to leave when a pair of small hands grabbed his t-shirt. 

Kai sobbed. "Please..find mommy" he cried. 

Soobin looked at him with sympathy. He didn't experience such a thing but he does know how sad and lost you will feel if your parents are out of sight when you are young. 

Soobin wiped the boy's face and nodded. "Okay. Let's find your mommy together."

Kai nodded with snot on his nose. Soobin grimaced at the sight and reluctantly offered his shirt. The younger one took his shirt and thanked him. 

They looked for Kai's mother but unfortunately, they couldn't find her. Kai started crying once again. "Mommy...*sob* left me!" He exclaimed and cried. 

Soobin looked around with panic, noticing the stares. He grabbed kai and an idea formed in his mind. 

"I..have an idea!" 

-----

The two ended up in the place where you can announce something. What was it called? Soobin had no idea. 

He looked up at the adult who was working there with innocent bg eyes. "Excuse me? Can you find his mom?" He said straightforwardly. 

The announcer laughed awkwardly and looked at the almost-done-crying boy. "Uh- yeah. Of course." She crouched down eye level to Kai and rubbed his head. 

"can you tell me the name of your mother, sweetheart," She said comfortingly. 

Kai nodded and proceeded to tell her. Soobin just stood there, comforting Kai once in a while and assuring him that they can find his mother. 

After 10 minutes, Kai's mother arrived where they are and kai wailed again and clung to his mother. Soobin looked at them with longing. He was still a child but he didn't experience any motherly or even fatherly love. His only 'parents' were the maids that took care of him.

The younger soobin sighed and left the room when a smaller figure hugged his back. 

"twank youw" kai muffled since he buried his face on Soobin's shirt. 

Soobin turned around and hugged kai back and ruffled the boy's hair. 'no problem buddy!" 

Kai offered his hand making Soobin look at it with confusion. "I'm hueningkai but you can call me kai." 

Soobin smiled. "I'm Soobin. Just hyung is fine." 

Then the two started their sweet friendship. 

------

TW: Domestic Abuse