Chapter 42 (confession)

Yeonbin and Soobin stood there with complete silence. Just the cheers of the other students and the loud booming sound of the fireworks committed were heard in the background. 

Yeonjun scratched his head and negative thoughts invaded his mind. 'why is he so quiet? did I disgust him? but...I clearly saw him blush?? Was that just my imagination??'

Soobin put his hands away from his face slowly and cleared his throat, gaining Yeonjun's attention. 

"So.." the taller started. 

Yeonjun flinched. Ready for all sorts of insults and their friendship breaking in an instant.

Soobin chuckled when he saw Yeonjun's state and went closer to him to hug him. "Don't worry too much hyung." He stated as he placed his hand at the back of Yeonjun's head. 

Yeonjun blushed but slowly close his eyes and ignored all of the bad thoughts. Instead, he focused on Soobin's touch and hugged back. Maybe because this will be probably the first and last time he can experience this. 

Soobin carefully let go of Yeonjun but kept his arms around him. "Would you believe me if I started to feel that way too, recently?" 

Yeonjun looked up at Soobin with a shocked expression. "You- you don't have to lie Soobin. You can cut terms with me if you feel pity for me." Yeonjun said with a sincere expression and held Soobin's cheek. 

The younger laughed in amusement. "Gosh hyung. You're so adorable." Yeonjun furrowed his brows in confusion. "What do you mean adorable?" He asked, but also felt his heart flutter when he heard those words. 

"hmm...just- you're adorable to me. And I understand if you don't believe me. But why don't we give it a chance?" Soobin suggested and interlocked his fingers with Yeonjun's.

The voice inside Yeonjun's mind said no but in his heart, he wanted to say yes. To give it a try and to see where they will go. Together. 

And Yeonjun being the one who always listens to his heart, followed it. 

He smiled at Soobin and nodded. "Sure Soobin. I want to give it a try." 

Soobin stared at him with affection and hugged Yeonjun. Yeonjun let out a sigh of relief and let out the tears that he suppressed a while ago.  

He sobbed as the salty tear fell on Soobin's shirt staining the white uniform. Soobin comforted Yeonjun and rubbed his back and formed patterns with his fingers to calm down Yeonjun. 

"Are you okay now?" Soobin asked after a few minutes of Yeonjun crying. 

Yeonjun nodded and cleared his throat. "Sorry for staining your shirt." 

Soobin dismissed it saying it's okay. The two decided to spend their remaining time outside school, completely forgetting about the fireworks and their friends. 

-----

Taehyun and Hueningkai strolled aimlessly around the school. It was the last hour and in just a few minutes the school would close but the two didn't really care. 

"Since the topic came unto confessions, I'll confess something," Taehyun stated, breaking the comfortable silence between them. 

Hueningkai gasped and covered himself with his arms, being the dramatic king he is. "Don't tell me that you like me!?" He exclaimed, his loud voice booming making the students who were left behind look at them. 

Taehyun glared at him and covered his mouth. "No, you idiot!" 

Hueningkai sighed out of relief and nudged Taehyun making him let go of his hand. Taehyun wiped his hand on Huening's shirt making the boy grimace.

"It's not about you, it's about Beomgyu." Taehyun sighed. 

Hueningkai started to get serious at the mention of Beomgyu and gestured Taehyun to continue. 

"We actually met way back before I transferred here." Taehyun started. 

Hueningkai was about to ask a question when the school guard shouted that in 5 minutes the school would close. The two left the school quickly and decided to go somewhere where they can walk around aimlessly. The two ended up in a park nearby the school and they sat at the cold bench. 

"So...Can I ask something?" Hueningkai asked. 

Taehyun nodded. "Do you know why Beomgyu betrayed Yeonjun hyung?" Hueningkai stared at the night sky. 

Taehyun sighed and looked down. "I honestly don't know why. He never told me." He answered truthfully and felt his heartache. 

Kai nodded. "Well since you confessed something, I'll tell you something too." Taehyun shrugged. "sure. whatever."

"Me and Soobin Hyung were best friends." He sighed and closed his eyes, letting the wind touch his skin. 

Taehyun looked at him, shocked. "Really?" 

Kai chuckled. "yeah." 

-----

note: hi guys! so this is not related to the story at all but- I just finished watching Stars align. And uhm- I don't know if any of you watched the anime but I do recommend it! ANd I just wanna say that really pulled a 180 and I don't know how to react because the ending happened so suddenly. lmao

Okay! SO another thing is, I read the past chapters of this book and I've never cringed so HARDDDDDD. My writing style changed these past months so, please ignore the cringiness from the first chapters >_<

Sorry I couldn't end it correctly,  still have something to do so sorry if this looked rushed:/ and we're done with the 50% of the plot just saying :D