Chapter 56 (Truth pt. 2)

Yeonjun sighed and scratched his head in frustration. He was on the way to the cafeteria to get food, right after his talk with Beomgyu. Ah, right. His talk with Beomgyu just now.

What was that about? Yeonjun doesn't want to believe him because after all, he loves and trusts Soobin. He wouldn't do such a thing. Soobin loves him too. Right?

He trusts Soobin, he wants to trust Soobin. So if any of that was true then, Yeonjun would break down.

Yeonjun continued walking and opened the cafeteria's doors open. He looked for Taehyun and Hueningkai but they were yet to be found.

Suddenly he heard a voice calling him.

"Yeonjun Hyung!"

He looked at the two running towards him. "Taehyun-ah, kai. What's wrong?" He asked when he noticed their state. The two were sweaty from running and out of breath.

Taehyun drank the water bottle Kai was holding, making the other whine, and calmed himself down. Once calm, he seriously looked at Yeonjun. "Hyung, get out of here," he stated firmly.

Yeonjun looked at him bewildered. He sighed and pressed his temples, fed up with everything and everyone. "What are you talking about? I'm hungry you know that."

Hueningkai and Taehyun shook their heads furiously. "No, please get out of here Hyung. it's for your own go-"

"Good?" Yeonjun continued sarcastically. "I have no time playing games Taehyun and Kai. I'm gonna find Soobin and eat with him alone. Go ahead without me."

Taehyun and Hueningkai looked at each other with horror. "Shit." They muttered when they saw Yeonjun walking toward tables, finding Soobin.

They panicked and called Beomgyu. "Uh, Beomgyu Hyung?" Taehyun said while his voice wavered.

Beomgyu sighed at the other line and answered. "Taehyun-ah, where's Yeonjun Hyung?"

"That's the problem." Taehyun closed his eyes and inhaled sharply. Beomgyu shouted. "What?!"

Kai put his hand on his waist. "He walked off to find Soobin Hyung." Beomgyu bit his lip and groaned. "Drag him, carry him. Just get him out of there. I'll explain later-"

They all froze when they heard a thud, followed by silence.

The whole cafeteria was in silence. So silent that a footstep can be heard.

Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Hueningkai's hearts dropped. They were all too late.

-----

Beomgyu panted as he ran towards the cafeteria. After hearing that thud, his heart told him it was a bad sign.

So, he followed his heart and ran to the cafeteria hoping that it wasn't something bad after all.

But luck wasn't on their side.

When he arrived, he witnessed Yeonjun sprawled on the floor, his head bleeding slightly, and a table with specs of blood. Yeji along with Soobin and her friends stood in front of Yeonjun.

Beomgyu panted and walked over to Yeonjun with no hesitation. He helped him up but the other swatted his hands away.

"Soobin.." Yeonjun muttered lowly.

The said boy looked down at him coldly making him flinched. Tears slipped out of Yeonjun's face making Beomgyu glare at them.

"Yeji, you had your fun. let him go." Yeji laughed at him. "You think I'm finished? I'm far from done. I'm just getting started."

Yeonjun shook his head. "No...this isn't true. It can't be.." He looked up at Soobin, smiled widely, and wiped his tears. "Right, Soobin. This isn't true right?" he reached out his hand hoping Soobin would take it.

All hope was shattered when Soobin pushed away his hand and rolled his eyes.

"What-"

Yeonjun looked at him with a pitiful face making Yeji laugh. "BWAHAHA, did you see his face??" She mocked.

Beomgyu glared at her but Yeonjun didn't [pay any mind to her. All he can think about was that Soobin, the one that he loved and thought they would end up together forever, betrayed him and lied to him.

Yeji smirked and went closer to Yeonjun. She gripped his face full of tears and yanked it side to side.

"Oh, you poor boy. You probably thought that Soobin genuinely loved you huh?" Yeji laughed making Yeonjun looked at her with an expression someone have when they didn't get what they were saying. Confused in other words.

Yeji snorted and let go of Yeonjun. "Also the fact that you dated Soobin knowing I'm engaged to him!" She showed their rings to the people around them making them murmur. Some looked at Yeonjun in disgust and pity.

Yeonjun shook his head. "I-"

"Don't try to lie Yeonjun! You went there with your parents to my engagement party!" She showed a picture showing him and his parents at the party as proof.

Yeonjun's face was as if the air was sucked out of it. He looked so pale and pitiful.

Beomgyu stood up at Yeji. "That's enough." He picked up Yeonjun who was blankly staring at Soobin. He was shattered inside. His eyes told Soobin how betrayed he was making Soobin's heart churn in a distasteful taste.

Yeonjun wanted answers. he pushed himself out of Beomgyu and went towards Soobin. yeji scoffed. "you dare to go back here?"

Yeonjun didn't say anything but stood in front of Soobin. Soobin refused to meet Yeonjun's eyes. But Yeonjun doesn't care. he wants to know. he wants to know if his love for him was true or he was just forced.

It didn't felt like he was forced, to Yeonjun.

"Did you loved me?" He bluntly asked making the students around them gasp at how shameless he was. That's what they thought, that he was shameless for asking that.

Soobin looked at him with an unfazed expression. Yeonjun looked at him with hopeful eyes. 'i said, did you really love me or was just following the stupid plan!" He screamed with tears spilling out his eyes.

He gripped Soobin's shirt and shook the boy.

Soobin scoffed, the first response he gave to Yeonjun. Yeonjun looked at him with disbelief. "You're kidding-" Yeonjun was cut off when a hand met his face.

The slap echoed throughout the cafeteria making the students cover their mouths, some winced.

Yeji slapped Yeonjun, the mark imprinted on his face. "How dare you touch him and say your delusional words!"

Yeonjun looked down at the floor and suddenly laughed making Yeji looked at him as if he was crazy.

Yeonjun stopped laughing and walked out of the cafeteria. Both heart and trust shattered into tiny little pieces.

Mark, who just arrived at the scene and looked at the Yeonjun who was walking out and Soobin who stood there stiffly.

"I was late.." He panted.

-----

i felt this was lacking but eh