⚡️Chapter Thirty Eight⚡️

Guys look, the picture above is Hortensia. She was so beautiful!

Also, I've edited this now but in the previous chapter I said next up to speak to Mr Garibaldi was Kazaynah, sorry I meant Peyton, then Kazaynah.

How y'all doing though?
Longer chapter this time. Enjoy!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Inspirational Quote:

The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

All of Them

Peyton had hated offices, she really did.

So therefore when she had entered Mr Garibaldi's office to talk to him about Hortensia's very tragic death?

She was more or less in a foul mood until the conversation had ended, that was for sure.

"Peyton List."

"Make this quick," she frowned, sitting down. "I have things to do."

So did Mr Garibaldi to be honest, but Peyton didn't see him complaining, did she?

No, she didn't.

He was ticked off however, when she wouldn't have kept her feet on the ground, putting it on the table instead as if this was her house.

"Get your feet off my table right now!"

"Or else what?"

Peyton was a very daring girl and it had really showed to be honest.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that!" Mr Garibaldi had snapped at her. "Unless I'll suspend you. Not only that, but I'll end this case right now and claim you guilty over her death even if you're not!"

If Peyton had known what was best for her, then she would have listened to him, and she did.

She had sighed before reluctantly listening to him, wanting to know why she was there.

Mr Garibaldi didn't say anything though, he had just shown her some sort of video instead.

"Peyton frightens people, you don't. No disrespect though. I mean all of that in the nicest way possible."

She might as well have been straight up about the girl, whether it had offended her or not.

"Yeah." Lauretta continued. "That's why she can stay here and you can't."

Hortensia didn't say anything to that, because she didn't know how to.

Peyton wanted her to leave because Hortensia had heard what Lauretta had said.