⭐️Chapter Thirty Nine⭐️

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Inspirational Quote:

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
—-Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

Kazaynah

Mr Garibaldi would not believe what he was hearing and seeing right now...

Kazaynah was lying about knowing who Hortensia was before the party.

To confirm that he had actually been lying, he was going to ask him the same question again.

If Kazaynah had lied again, then they would have ended this case right there and then and Kazaynah would have been proven guilty.

If he hadn't?

Then they would have moved on to how Kazaynah had known Hortensia beforehand.

"Prove me guilty?! You can't just do that if I lie to you though."

"I can and I will," Mr Garibaldi deadpanned. "Don't believe me? Just watch. Did you or did you not know Hortensia before Lauretta and Tunmise's birthday party yesterday, Kazaynah?"

Stupid truth cube.

He could have lied about all of this.

Sighing, Kazaynah was thinking of what to say... he didn't want to tell him the truth but he didn't really have much of a choice at the same time.

He did know her beforehand, he was just embarrassed about it, so therefore he had stupidly lied again, but he was trying to protect himself at the same time.

The truth cube had turned red.

"Well that does it!"

"Wait," Kazaynah had interrupted. "How on Earth do you have proof that I knew Hortensia? A simple truth cube can't tell you anything. It isn't evidence enough."

He didn't have just one proof though.

Because he had two instead.

The first one was at the party... the second one was the day he had met Hortensia: it wasn't even at school though. It was at a library instead.

Proof Number One.

Tia wanted Kazaynah to talk to Hortensia.

She had been having a terrible day and she didn't even know why because she had been nice to people from the start.

Tia, Hortensia wants to know how people see her. I don't know what to say to that.

Okay, just repeat after me.