💫Chapter Forty💫

Chapter Forty, whoop whoop! Thanks to those who have been sticking around! I'm very grateful for you guys!!

Yeah, there's going to be a lot of flashbacks until Mr Garibaldi is done talking to all of them. If y'all don't mind.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Inspirational Quote:

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint and that voice will (eventually) be silenced.
—Vincent Van Gogh

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER FORTY

Tia

"Tia Landry."

Tia had just arrived at the office where Kazaynah, Lauretta, Tunmise and Peyton had already been.

Now it was more or less time for her to talk to Mr Garibaldi about how she was responsible for Hortensia's very tragic death.

She was scared, she really was.

Not only that, but the girl had never really been guilty for a crime before. She didn't know how she should have felt about any of this at all.

Sitting down and staring right into Mr Garibaldi's eyes, it was eventually time for both of them to do this thing once and for all.

"How... how much trouble am I in?"

"Leave the questions to me," he had deadpanned before saying anything else. "As you should know, Kazynah's the most responsible for Hortensia's death, especially how he lied about knowing her. Then it's Lauretta because she started everything, then Rashani because he finished everything."

That was the only time he was allowed to talk to the suspects about other suspects.

Nothing else aside from that.

Then he had explained how if this girl wanted to stay at the bottom of the list, as in if she wanted to be one of the least responsible people for her death... then she had to tell the truth and nothing else but the truth at all times.

Whether she had liked it or not.

Asking her if she had understood that, Tia had then nodded, which was time for them to start the conversation once and for all.

Mr Garibaldi: Apparently, you forced Kazaynah to talk to Hortensia, even though he didn't want to. Didn't you? Yes or no.

It was then that Tia had realised that there was a truth cube, kinda indirectly meaning that she couldn't have lied even if she wanted to.

Tia: Yes, I did.

Mr Garibaldi: But why? Why are you forcing the kid to do something that he didn't want to do?