✨Chapter Forty Two✨

In real life, Tia and Tamera are old enough to be the suspects' parents! But in this, they're eighteen. 💕

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Inspirational Quote:

Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.
—Ancient Indian Proverb

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER FORTY TWO

Rashani

"Rashani Cooper."

Rashani had just entered Mr Garibaldi's office, and he was the last person to talk to him about Hortensia's death.

Mr Garibaldi wanted everybody to line up in the order of how they had contributed to Hortensia's very tragic demise.

Lauretta had gone up first because she had caused everything.

And Rashani had gone last because he had finished everything.

He had really been dreading this conversation since his cousin Lauretta had gone up.

And it didn't really help much that he had gone up last either because his nervousness and anticipation didn't get any better.

If anything it had just gotten worse each and every single minute he had to wait.

"Mr Garibaldi."

This was annoying because he didn't even go to this university at all... in fact, the kid was supposed to be doing a gap year.

The job that he was doing (aka working at a shop) prior to Hortensia's death, he had gotten fired from because he was a suspect for it.

"Look, man. I don't even go to this—"

"I don't care," Mr Garibaldi had interrupted rudely. "Whether you go here or not, you're still a huge suspect for Hortensia's death."

Rashani didn't think he was.

All he had done was to accidentally spill a drink on the girl.

That was actually the least harmful thing that all of the suspects combined (apart from him) had done to Hortensia when she was still alive.

"So you think you're innocent?"

He had thought about it for a while.

Then he had nodded.

The truth cube had turned green.

Rashani had already known about it because Tunmise and Kazaynah had talked about it to everyone else before.

"Let me challenge your thinking."

Rashani didn't know what to say to that, except from okay, which was when Mr Garibaldi had shown him the video.

Of how Rashani was guilty over this.