⭐️Chapter Forty Nine⭐️

I'm so sorry for the slow update! But I'll update today and tomorrow to make up for it!

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Inspirational Quote:

You take your life in your own hands, and what happens? A terrible thing, no one to blame.
—Erica Jong

(This quote I think is basically saying that without God, you won't go very far in life)

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER FORTY NINE

All of Them.

Tia and Kazaynah had known Hortensia before any of them did.

It was hard to believe but it was true.

Kazaynah, was kind of understandable in a way, but Tia?

Not so much.

Tamera didn't even know that she had known Hortensia for longer than she said she did, and now she was explaining everything.

She had known Hortensia at school, and the two of them had gone to the same school at some point, that was until Tia had moved.

Hortensia and Tia's hatred had all began when Tia had caught Hortensia cheating in a test at school.

She had managed to hide the fact that she had been cheating away from everyone.

Not Tia though, she had noticed that she had been cheating.

She didn't know whether to tell one of the invigilators for the test that Hortensia had been cheating because she didn't want to come off as a snitch.

At the same time though, she didn't want Hortensia to get away with what she had been doing because cheating was wrong on so many levels.

Tia had double checked to see if she was actually cheating though or if her mind had just been playing tricks on her instead, and they weren't.

In the end, being the respectable girl that she was, Tia had snitched on Hortensia with everyone finding out.

A lot of people had thrown shade at her especially on Hortensia being autistic, but Tia genuinely had no idea that she was autistic.

They weren't in the same classes as each other and Tia had only known of Hortensia, they hadn't actually talked to each other.

Tia and Tamera hadn't met each other because they had been separated by birth as well as adopted by different parents too — Tia by Lisa and Tamera by Ray instead.

So many people had hated Tia for what she had done that Lisa had found a new school for her, moments before she had met Tamera for the first time.

Long story short, Kazaynah had met Hortensia at a library.

They wanted the same book but because Kazaynah had had the book first, he therefore didn't really want to give it to Hortensia.