💫Chapter Fifty Five💫

Picture above: Lauretta ⬆️
That smile is so deceiving.

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Inspirational Quote:

"Be courageous. Challenge orthodoxy. Stand up for what you believe in. When you are in your rocking chair talking to your grandchildren many years from now, be sure you have a good story to tell."
— Amal Clooney

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

CHAPTER FIFTY FIVE.

Lauretta, Tia & Rashani

It was a couple of weeks before Lauretta and Tunmise's 19th birthday party, and they were having one in the first place because they couldn't have afforded an eighteenth one.

Or a seventeenth one— or sixteenth... and then some.

Even though Lauretta and Tunmise had currently gone to one of the best universities of all time, this wasn't always the case— as in their family having a lot of money.

They were in poverty for days, maybe even weeks or years on end which had all changed when Lauretta and Tunmise's father had gotten an amazing job.

Lauretta was visiting five of her friends along with her cousin Rashani out of university:

Valencia — light skinned girl with Afro and hoop earrings. Lauretta's ultimate best friend from the group.

Syreeta — Indian girl that was hipster and cool. She had gotten most of the boys. She was pretty popular too and wasn't the most serious either.

Nayeli — Rashani's homie.
Rashani
Lauretta
Nathaniel — Nayeli's twin.
Skylan — Syreeta's boyfriend.

It was revealed by a phone conversation with Lauretta and Valencia that she had planned Hortensia's death the whole time.

The four and a half suspects and two and a half innocent people (Tia was partially innocent) had slept at Tia and Tamera's house the day before.

They were all getting something to eat at a restaurant, although they all had to more or less wear a disguise because people knew what the suspects had looked like.

Lauretta didn't want to go because she wanted to take a phone call, with Tia accidentally on purpose eavesdropping.

Lauretta was taking a long time to be fair and Tia wanted to know why because it wasn't fair on the rest of them waiting for her like that.

The seven people had helped Lauretta plan for her party in Syreeta's room (they had all snuck in there)... she loved her neon colours:

 she loved her neon colours: