Chapter 1

Qitai 33 years

The middle-aged man wearing bright yellow dragon robes is drawing brightly on the desk in the study room of Xuande Hall Royal Palace. On the paper is a young man wearing a palace service, with a thin figure and a handsome face. There was a small smile on his face next to a small painter's delicate pavilion.

"Yuanfu, come and see. Doesn't the painting look like you?" Xuanyuan Han asked the **** Yuanfu, the **** consul who was waiting. Yuan Fu has been the housekeeper general for more than 30 years. He is several years older than the emperor. Two frosts are white and his face is covered with deep wrinkles. Yuan Fu sighed secretly in his heart. He replied, "Return to the emperor, the slave looked at the appearance of Lin Guiren when he was vague."

"Like what" Xuanyuan Hancheng whispered, in fact, the boy's appearance was a bit vague in his memory. The deepest thing to remember is that the boy has big watery eyes and a pair of small dimples, which are extraordinarily cute and cute. Thinking of the young man's last blood-stained smile, the scene of that night thirty years ago, as long as he remembered, he still stung his heart.

Yuanfu knew that the emperor was thinking about Lin Gui again. Today is the birthday of the emperor. Naturally, the emperor's birthday was to feast the harem hundred officials. But the birth of the emperor for the past 30 years has been taboo in the palace, and what happened at the emperor's birthday banquet 30 years ago has always kept people from knowing it.

Thirty years ago, Xuanyuan Hancheng celebrated his twenty-fifth birthday with a special feast hosted by the concubine, who has always been a favorite. Shu Fei was originally a daughter of Wupin Zhizhou and was given to him as a princely servant. Xu Xueying is a woman with a beautiful appearance and a gentle, water-like character, won the favor of Xuanyuan Hancheng. Had it not been for the concubine that she had been absent for many years, Xuanyuan Hancheng would have thought of her as a concubine.

Xuan Yuan Han Cheng's queen Xue Yuyu is the daughter-in-law of the queen's mother's family, which is a marriage given by the grandfather. Xue's successor was the younger sister of the official ministry. Xuanyuan Hancheng's father, Emperor Xuanyuan Zhaoshen, was the third son of the emperor. He was the son-in-law born to the empress queen. It was difficult for the empress to give birth to blood and died. Afterwards, the emperor established Xue who had always loved Jia as his successor. Xue Shi struggled to give birth to the ten emperor Xuanyuan Zhaohong in his later years. Xuanyuan Zhaohong is the emperor's old man, only one year older than Xuanyuan Hancheng.

The emperor's craving for power and his preference for the younger sons of Xue's delay in willing to establish the prince led to a fierce struggle between the princes. In the end, the first prince and the five princes forced the palace, killing the second prince, and finally was suppressed by the father of the third prince, Xuanyuan Hancheng.

The first emperor was shocked and angry that he could not afford the illness, but he could only pass to Xuanyuan Zhaoshen. Although Xue's young son was also a sister-in-law, the tenth son Xuanyuan Zhaohong was only fifteen years old at the time, and there was nothing he could do about the throne.

So Xue asked the emperor to seal Xuanyuan Zhaohong as the king of the calendar, and gave it to a land rich in materials, and he also married the son-in-law of Xue's side branch to Huangsun Xuanyuan Hancheng. The Xue family has been expanding in power in North Korea in recent years, secretly helping Li Wang keep making small moves. It was not until the Empress Dowager died that the Xue family converged. Xuanyuan Hancheng always wanted to remove the Xue family, but the Xue family had been intertwined in the North Korea and could not hit it in one shot.

Therefore, compared to the queen who respects each other like a gentleman, the gentle and beautiful lady concubine occupies an important position in his heart.