Chapter 5

Out of Pei County, watching the distance from home, whispered in the carriage.

The group spent more than a day at the post in Xuzhou, the provincial capital. Several other counties have come to gather here.

After waiting for a day, the assembly was finally completed. A total of ten horse-drawn carriages set off from Guancha towards Beijing.

It used to be a spacious carriage with 10 people, but now it is crowded with 20 people.

Each car was followed by a steward in charge. Lin Jiabao, the public servant of their car, was named Zhao. He was 35 years old, not tall, and very lean. His expression was very serious, and he was very harsh on them. Everyone was afraid of him.

Along the way, everyone also became familiar. Especially people who come out of one place mostly form small groups. Lin Jiabao was the only one who came out of Peixian County, and was faintly excluded. Lin Jiabao did not take the initiative to step forward and obediently obey the arrangements of the father-in-law. Zhao Gonggong saw his duty, and he was kind to him.

After walking on the road for nearly half a month, they finally arrived at the post on the outskirts of Beijing.

The station is very large, and there are already many carriages in the stable. Here gather people from all over the country.

"Get out of the car and bring your stuff. Don't talk, don't look around, all follow me." Zhaogong said.

Everyone got off the carriage, didn't rush to talk, followed his head down, and Gong Zhao took them to a Datongpu house to settle down. There are a few pots of water in the room and let them clean their hands.

Then they took them to dinner, and each person gave them a bowl of polenta and a rough noodle. Although rudimentary, it's a lot better than the dry grain bread along the way. I was hungry all day, and everyone ate everything.

Gong Zhao asked them to go to the toilet again, and then took them back to Datongpu and locked the door.

After entering the house, everyone rushed to get a good shop first, and those in the same village helped each other to occupy a favorable position. Lin Jiabao was young and had little strength. I was squeezed to the door.

Lin Jiabao didn't want to rob them either, holding his small bag, and slept on the outermost position of the bed.

"Hey, go to bed. Don't lean on me!" The girl sleeping next to Lin Jiabao fiercely.

This girl also came from Lin Jiacun, and was very angry at Lin Jia Bao. It looked like he was dirty.

Lin Jiabao did not speak, but moved his body to the door.

After a day of exhaustion, Lin Jiabao soon went to sleep.

On the second day, the father-in-law called them all after dawn. After breakfast, everyone got on the carriage again.

The carriage entered the capital and stopped at the imperial city. Everyone got off the carriage was shocked by this towering city wall.

Lin Jiabao looked at the vermilion city wall, it was very high, and the wall was endless. In the light of the morning light, the palace with red walls and yellow tiles is especially solemn. Today is the day when the palace people enter the palace, Xuanwumen opened early.

First they were taken to the Fifth Institute and accepted the first round of screening.

The first round of screening is very simple, mainly to see if the appearance is neat, the tongue is clear, if there is any disability, odor, etc. on the body.