Heart shaped locket

Melissa's POV

I've been dealing with beating after beating for over a month now. I just wanna go back to the group. I feel so scared and alone. I want to be in carls arms again. I want to be laughing with my dad again, but right now, I'm huddled in the corner of a small dark room, praying that they'll feed me for the first time in almost a week. I've become weak. Barely any food at all, and being forced to work, and being beat up everyday doesn't help.

I heard the metal door open and shut. I trembled, until I saw Damien's face come into view. I saw him smile and hand me a couple strawberries. That's the most I've eaten all week. I silently thanked him and he snuck back out. I haven't talked since I got to this torture chamber that is an old abandoned factory. Damien has helped me survive by sneaking in and giving me food and water. No matter how much I've silently protested, he always tried to make sure I was alive. I haven't slept more than five hours in total since I've got here, and I Wouldn't have been alive right now if it wasn't for him.

I ate the strawberries quickly. My stomach grumbled for more, but that's probably the only food I'll get for another week or so- three strawberries.

A man walked in and grabbed my small arm, pulling me up to my feet.

"C'mon, kid. You're mother wants to talk to you." He said. He held my arm tight, sure to leave bruises later. I'm covered in bruises and cuts everywhere.

We got to my mothers room and I was pushed in. I fell to the ground due to how weak I was becoming. My hair was all over my face.

"I know Damien has been sneaking you food." She said. I just looked at her.

"You know what I do to people who don't follow rules. They end up like you." She smirked. She dragged Damien into view. I shook my head and I stood up.

"Please, just let her go. She's your daughter, you can't do this to her! Look at her! she is dying from what you've done to her! Look at the bruises! How can you live with yourself?!" He yelled. She punched him in the face.

I wanted to scream, but I feel like I forgot how to. It's as if not using my voice for a month or two causes you to forget how to speak all together.

"Please... Just let her go and take me... Kill me... I don't care, just leave her alone. She's only fifteen for gods sake!" He yelled, Sara dropped him and walked over to me. I could smell the alcohol In her breath. I backed away. She punched me in the face. I stayed standing up. I cried and punched her in the face. She fell to the ground. Damien ran up to me and sighed. My mother stood back up, but Damien tackled her to the ground.

I silently cried, huddled up in the corner as he knocked her out. He crawled back over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I simply nodded.

"Please talk... I haven't heard your voice in over a month..." He said. I looked up at him. He sighed and stood up, helping me up with him. He led me back to the cold, dark room.

"I'm really sorry. We would escape but there's always guards on watch in this place... What if I escaped, since I'm stronger, and I find your group and tell them where you are. They seem tough enough, they could probably easily take this place down and you and me'll be safe. You'll be with your group again and I will be with you. Deal?" He asked softly. I thought it over. I just wanna see my dad and Carl again.

I nodded and he slightly smiled. I looked up at him, giving him a look that said 'how are you gonna do it?' He knew what I was trying to ask, even if he could barely see my face in this dark room that is just four walls and a roof.

"I'll say I'm going hunting. I'll go back to where we last seen your group, at that house. I'll tell them and lead them back here. I'll go later tomorrow." He smiled. I nodded. He kissed my head and walked out. Damien's seventeen, so he acts like an older brother. He protects me and makes sure I don't get hurt as much as possible.