Just shoot

"Melissa, Hun, can you help me bring out dinner?" Carol called from outside my cell. I looked up from my book and nodded, standing up and throwing my book onto my pillow.

"I really wish I was able to eat that deer I got." I smiled.

"Yea it was really really good-" she looked at me and covered her mouth and chuckled. "Sorry... I mean, it was horrible. Disgusting." She presented to make a sick face. I laughed and brought out the soup to everyone (except for the people who came from Woodbury, they have their own cell block that they cook stuff with, in block C).

"Thanks, Mel." My dad kissed my forehead. He's been really overprotective since I woke up from my two month coma last week.

"Don't mention it." I slightly smiled and walked over to Carl, sitting down beside him and playing around with my soup with my spoon.

Carl nudged my arm lightly with his shoulder. "You need to eat..."

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled.

"Please?"

"Carl, I'm really not hungry."

"You've been in a coma for two months, not eating a thing... and since you've woken up last week, you've probably ate about twice. You're gonna starve-"

"Maybe I wanted to die. You shouldn't have saved me,Carl..." I looked down at my soup.

"Melissa... I love you." He quickly changed the subject.

"I love you too, Carl." I smiled and take a spoonful of soup, Shoving it into my mouth. I just then realized how hungry I was, and soon I found myself shoving the last spoonful of cold soup into my mouth.

"See, told you you'd be hungry." Carl smirked. I playfully punched his shoulder as I stood up. I took our bowl into the kitchen, bringing them to Beth and Maggie, who were in charge of the dishes tonight.

"Is there anything I can help with?"

"No, but thanks anyways." Maggie smiles. I nod and walk off.

......

"C'mon, it's time for Maggie and Glenn's shift." Carl yawned. I nodded and we walked out of the guard tower after finishing watch.

I wrapped my arms around Carl as we walked back to the prison.

"Why is my dad so protective suddenly?" I ask.

"He's always been protective." Carl shrugs.

"No, I know, but I mean, he's been really protective lately."

"My guess would be because of the fact that you almost died. Twice. I think he just wants you to know that he cares."

"How do you know that?" I ask and smiled.

"My dad was really over protective. I know you don't remember much at the farm because you were stuck in the house, but after I was shot, he would barley let me do anything, and that's the same thing my mom told me- he just wants you to understand that he cares." Carl said.

"Carl, are you crying?" I asked. He sniffles and nodded.

"I miss her." He wiped a few tears away. I stop before we get into the prison and hug him. It wasn't us kissing or making out, it was silent. He wrapped his arms around my small waist and cried into the crook of my neck. It must hurt, he's like a foot (maybe a little less) taller than me... I'm short.

He lost his mom, his dad's lost his mind, you're all he has left. How could you hurt him like that, almost killing yourself right in front of him? My mind argued with me, then soon took over. I pulled out of the hug and connected my lips with his. I still feel sparks when I kiss him.

Maybe I can kiss all his pain away.

I pulled out of the kiss and rested my forehead on his.

"I love you, Carl. I'm sorry."

"For what?" He asked quietly and put his hands to my hair and began to play with it. I laughed.

"For almost killing myself right in front of you. I feel like a monster. My demons inside took over my mind, and It was like I couldn't stop myself. I tried to drown my demons, but no matter what happened, I couldn't. I'm a monster." He stopped playing with my hair and pulled out of our hug, gently cupping my face in his hands, wiping some tears on my cheeks away with his thumb.

"We're all monsters. We can't drown our demons, they know how to swim. But you, you can never be a monster. You're an angel surrounded by a world of darkness, you're my angel. You're the light that shines in this dark world. You are worth more than you think. I love you, Melissa Dixon. I am in love with an angel. I am in love with my angel." His words made my head spin. I got major butterflies in my stomach.

I smiled and looked into his ocean blue eyes. I leaned in for a kiss, but it never came. I opened my eyes and he fell into my arms.

"Carl?" I looked at him. No answer.

"Carl?!" I yelled.

"I-I'm... Oka-okay..." I placed him on the ground because he was too heavy for me.

"Carl, babe, you're bleeding... W-what happened?!"

No answer.

"Carl..?" His eyes shut.

"NO! HELP M-" a hand went over my mouth.

"I'd shut up if I were you." A voice called out. I look at the man, not getting a good look because of the darkness.

"What do you want?!" I screamed, getting a slap across my face. I whimpered, but then realized Carl was probably dying and I'm not able to help him.

"DADDY!" I screamed as loud as I could. I saw everyone run out. The man took out his gun and pointed it to my head.

"Save Carl!" I screamed. The man clicked the safety off. I stopped struggling and closed my eyes.

"Just shoot."