Kidnapped

"Carl! Hey, Carl... Wake up." I felt someone shaking me. I opened my eyes and saw my dad hovering over me. He let out a breath once I opened my eyes. I sat up and noticed I was sitting in the pews of the church.

"Melissa?!" I asked, panicked. I looked at Daryl and he sighed.

"She's dead, isn't she?" I said, letting a couple tears fall.

"We don't know yet. Could be a coma, could... Not...be." My dad said. I could tell this was hard on him. It was hard on everybody.

"I'm gonna go see her..." I said and stood up. "How long was I out?" I asked, putting on my sheriffs hat.

"About half an hour." My dad said. I nodded and walked into the room Melissa is in. I saw carol already in there, holding Melissa's hand.

"Oh hey, Carl." She said. I didn't respond, just slightly smiled for a second.

"Her heartbeat is normal. Shes defiantly alive." She smiled. I felt like a huge weight has been lifted off of my chest.

"I'll stay in here, you should tell the group. They're all super concerned." I said. She walked out of the room and I sat down on the chair beside Melissa's bed.

"I promise you, I won't leave you. I'll even stay in here all night with you. You're gonna wake up, I know it. This wasn't your fault, and nothing can kill you but a Dixon." I smiled, remembering how her, Daryl and Merle always said that.

"I love you, Melissa."

Melissa's POV

I woke up. I was at my house?

I stood up and noticed I was wearing a plain white dress that went just above my knees, and it had white sleeves.

"Hello? Is anybody here?" I asked. I walked outside and I was greeted by people I never thought I'd see again.

I saw Lori, Hershel, Sophia, Andrea, t-dog, Amanda, shane(?), Patrick, dale, Cory, and everyone I've knows and became friends with since the apocalypse started.

"What are you guys going here?!" I asked.

"The question is what are you doing here?" Amanda asked.

"W-what?" I asked. "I'm I dying? Is that what this is?"

"No, you aren't gonna die. You can't do that to Carl, Kayla, your dad... Everyone in that group loves you." Hershel said.

"I'm sorry, Hershel... I should have saved you! It should have been me, not you... This is all my fault... The group needs you more than me..." I said and cried.

"Your time isn't up yet, sweetie. I wouldn't have made it far, anyways. I only had one leg, I was getting old, anyways." He smiled. I chuckled and looked down at his legs.

"You have your leg back... " I smiled.

"Hun, you need to wake up." Andrea said. I nodded.

"I wish I got to know you better. Maybe next time." T-dog joked. I nodded and smiled, wiping tears away.

"I'm sorry I acted the way I did, Melissa. This world changed people... Don't let it change you." Shane said. I nodded.

Lori came up to me. "Say hi to my boy for me... Tell him I love him. And rick...you're the daughter I've never had, Melissa." She smiled

"What about Judith?" I asked.

"She's still my daughter... I wish I got to meet her... But you're my first daughter." She smiled. I nodded.

"You're my mom that I've never had..." I smiled. She hugged me and walked back with everyone else.