Flashback//Kinda a chapter

Flashback.

"Daddy! Daddy wake up!" I groaned, standing on my toes to see above my daddy's bed.

"Hi Mel." Daddy groaned, rolling over on his side to face me. I struggled to hop onto the big bed. Daddy chuckled and picked me up effortlessly, pretending to throw me to the empty space beside him. I giggled as the blankets puffed up around me.

"Why are you up so early?" Daddy asked, rubbing his eyes.

"I don't know." I smiled, sitting up.

"God, it's barely even six yet." He groaned. I shrugged, looking out at the dark sky.

"Daddy?" I asked.

"Yes, baby?" He asked, facing me,

"Can I get a crossbow like yours?" I asked.

"Nope." He said, rolling back over. I sighed, jumping onto his stomach.

"Please." I begged.

"I don't want ya gettin' hurt, princess." Daddy said, sitting up to fix my ponytail.

"Okay." I said.

There was a knock on the door.

"That's uncle Merle. Lil' shit never sleeps." Dad said, finishing my ponytail. I smiled happily. "Go answer the door, I'll get dressed out of my pyjamas. " Daddy said, standing up and stretching. I nodded happily and ran to the front door.

"Uncle Merle!" I yelled, happily.

"Hey, babygirl!" He smiled, hugging my and picking me up, shutting the door behind him.

"Baby brother! Get yer lazy ass out here!" Merle yelled.

"Swear." I said, covering Merle's mouth. He laughed as I took my hand away.

Daddy came into the room, looking tired.

"Wha? Just wakin' up little brother?" Merle asked.

"It ain't even six in the mornin' yet so shut yer mouth." Daddy said, walking into the kitchen.

"Daddy called you a little shit." I said innocently. I heard dad try to muffle his laughter. Merle put me down and glared at daddy. I think they were joking but with them it was hard to tell. I knew they were joking when I heard them laugh.

"Lil' shit, huh?" Merle asked, not laughing anymore. He walked up to dad and they began to fight. Playfully, not for real. Daddy would never hurt anyone.

"Hey! Chokehold's illegal!" Dad yelled. I giggled and walked over to the table.

"Let me get my daughter breakfast you little shit." Dad chuckled. I heard him pour cereal into a bowl and he handed it to me.

"We're going hunting after breakfast. I'm gonna get ya yer own crossbow." Merle said, walking into the living room.

"She doesn't need one." Daddy said.

"The time will come where she will, baby brother."