Just Survive Somehow

I saw Enid just casually walk in, looking up at us. I let out a breath and my shoulders slumped.

"Bloody hell, Enid! Don't you knock?!" I asked, speeding behind her and looking out the door for any of the people before shutting it and locking it.

"Oops." She said nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders.

"Why are you here?" Carl asked softly, turning around and picking up another gun.

"I came to say goodbye." She said. Carl placed a gun in her hands and we walked back over to the spot on the floor.

"Help us keep watch." He said.

"Wh-- I'm not staying!" She protested.

"You're not going back out there alone. Sit." I ordered, leaning against the wall. She sighed before sitting against Carl's back, the same way I did.

"Don't tell me goodbye." Carl said. Enid sighed, looking at me, then at the ground.

"Fine. I won't."

+++

"Carl, come here." I mumbled, walking away from the two of them.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I have this really bad feeling. Somethings not right." I whispered. He looked at ,e in confusion.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I don't know, I just have this really bad feeling in my stomach and I'm worried something really really bad happened out there. I don't think everything's okay with the rest of our group." I explained, trying to control my breathing.

"Melissa--"

"Carl, the last time I felt like this the governor got T-Dog and your mom killed." I spat, remembering the day the Governor dropped off a truckload of walkers, where T got bit and Lori went into labour, and we thought we lost Carol.

I looked at Carl's saddened face and I sighed, feeling guilty.

"Look, babe, everything's gonna be okay, alright? Let's go back." He said. I nodded and grabbed his hand as we walked back to where Enid is, except she wasn't there.

"Enid?!" Carl shouted. I walked over to the door and went to open it, when I stepped on something. I looked down and saw a piece of paper with writing on it.

Just Survive Somehow.

_______________

I woke up the next morning on the couch, half on top and half off Carl. I gently pressed a kiss on his chest before rolling off of him, standing up and putting on my boots. I walked into the kitchen and saw cookies laid out on the counter. Carol probably came in late last night.

I grabbed one and walked upstairs to check on Judith, who was still sleeping soundly. I smiled at her and walked into Carl's room and grabbed one of his sweaters before walking back downstairs and quietly walking out the door, making sure I had my knife on me.

I saw people dragging bodies away to the graveyard, and others crying over some. I ran my hands through my wavy hair as I walked over to the watch tower, where the truck crashed. I looked around before walking up the ladder. When I got up to the new watch point, I was able to see all the burnt and demolished parts of Alexandria. Things that took years to accomplish and create, gone.

"It took Reg years to create this. To put the walls up. And now they're just gone." I jumped slightly and turned around to face Deanna, before turning back and looking out.