Him

Hella time skips here k bye

---

"Someone's here." Carl smiled. I stood up and stretched. Carl passed me my boots and sat down on the bed. I smiled and put them on, walking out of the cell holding carls hand.

Everyone was talking, some yelling, some laughing, some arguing, some weren't even paying attention to whoever was here.

Everyone stopped talking once they realized I was there. Confused, I looked at Carl, then back at the crowd of people who were now stepping out of the way. I got a clear view of who was there. I let go of carls hand and stopped dead in my tracks.

"Melissa..." Uncle Merle said. I looked beside him and saw my dad. I ran up to uncle Merle and hugged him.

"I-I..."

"I missed ya too, Mel" he said.

"Melissa?" My dad called out. I took a breath and let go of Merle. I looked at my dad, emotionless.

"Yes?" I asked, annoyed.

"Melissa, I'm sor-"

"No." I stopped him. "No you're not 'sorry'... Dad, you left me! You get mad and yell at me then you leave me! You missed my birthday! I was right, you don't care about me!" I snapped.

"Melissa, you don't understa-"

"I understand fine." I said. He looked hurt. I sighed and looked at the ground. "Do you realize what you've done to me?" I asked, my voice was softer now. "You hurt me... Abandoned me..."

"Dammit, Melissa! You had everyone here with you, it's not like I left you for dead!"

"Yea but you wouldn't have known if I did die..." I mumbled.

"I came back!"

I scoffed. "Yea because guilt took over you! Admit it, you wouldn't have came back if it wasn't for the guilt! You didn't even think about what you did to me, dad!" I began to cry, much to my surprise.

"I did think about you, Melissa... I did, I- I really couldn't loose my brother again... I knew it was wrong to leave you but I..." He trailed off. My anger went away. I ran up to him and hugged him.

"I didn't know if you were coming back..." I croaked.

"You'll never get rid of me..."

+++

"Hey, Carl." I smiled. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey, angel." He smirked.

"Still calling me angel, Huh?" I smiled.

"Never gonna stop." He grinned. I rolled my eyes as we began walking around the parts of the prison that were safe from the sickness that was going around.

We were walking for a little longer until we ran into Kayla. Rick let her out of her cell, and she's not threatening to kill anyone anymore.

"Hey, Kay." I smiled. She kept looking at the ground.

"Kayla?" I asked, walking closer to her. She pushed me away.

"What's wrong?" I asked, slowly stepping closer to her.

"Stay away... Please!" She whispered. I lifted her chin up a little and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Kayla. What's wrong?" I asked. She looked up. She had dark circles under her eyes, she was pale, sweating, shivering, and she had blood around her mouth.

"I have it..." She whispered.

"N-no..." I gulped. "No-not you..." She nodded.

"Let's...um...let's get you to cell block D..." Carl said. She nodded as we brought her to block D.