Hilltop

I sat beside Dad back in the RV. The building wasn't a trap, and we saved four people. One of them seemed to be a doctor--his bag was full of medicine.

"The names Harlan, by the way," he introduced himself to Maggie. She smiled.

"Maggie." She introduced herself. He smiled and nodded. I leaned back in my seat and put my head on my dads shoulder, shutting my eyes.

The other guys name was Freddie. He was hurt, but we wrapped his leg up and Harlan will help him when we get to the Hilltop.

"Damn it," Rick cursed. I took my head off of my dads shoulder and looked over at Rick. "A storm must've passed through. We're stuck." He announced. I sighed and let my head fall backwards onto the wall, annoyed. What else can go wrong?

"No worries," Jesus said, standing up. I looked at him as he looked back at all of us. "We're here."

We all got out of the RV, seeing it stuck in mud. Dad put his hand on my back as we looked at Jesus.

"That's us. That's Hilltop." He said. I looked at the walls that somewhat resembled Alexandria's. I took a breath and looked up at dad, who looked at me with the same cautious look.

What is this place?

We began walking, Jesus leading us. We heard a voice and we all raised our guns.

"Stop right there!" A man shouted.

"You gonna make us?" Dad threatened. Jesus put his hands out to stop us. I saw the two men, both holding spears aimed at us.

"Jesus, what the hell is this?" The man asked.

"Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt."

After arguing over us putting our guns down and them putting their spears down, Rick decided he'd rather talk to Gregory, the leader, outside of the gates.

"We have no guns. We ran out of ammo months ago. I'm letting you guys keep your guns. I like you people, I trust you, trust us. Put your guns down." Jesus said. Rick eventually broke down and nodded, signaling for us to lower the weapons.

"Open the gates, Cal."

The gates opened, revealing the little community. There were stables and little shelters where I first assumed the people would garden and keep their animals. A man walked past me, leading a horse to a stable. There were tons of animals. I assumed that's how they got their food.

There were also a row of trailers beside a big, fancy house. Compared to the rest of the community, the house stuck out.

Jesus lead us through the gates. "It was a material joint for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls. A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with 'em." I looked around at the people. Most of them stared back. I held my gun a little tighter, even though they looked weak. I doubted they'd try anything.

"How did they find this place?" Michonne asked. Jesus smirked and turned around, pointing to the big house in front of us.

"That's called Barrington house." He said, looking up at it. The family that owned it gave it to the state in the 30's. The state turned it into a living history museum," Jesus explained. I rolled my eyes because what did this have to do with anything?

"Every elementary school for 50 miles used to come here for field trips. The place was running for a long time before the modern world built up around it." He turned to face us. "I think people came here because they figured it'd keep running after the modern world, too."

There was a room at the very top of the house, with windows all around that would let you see in any direction for miles. It was perfect security.

Jesus led us inside the house. It was even more beautiful than the outside.

"Good gracious, ignatious." Abraham mumbled, looking all around at the once expensive furniture.

"The rooms have been turned into living spaces. Even the ones that weren't bedrooms." Jesus told us.

"People live in here and the trailers?" I asked. He looked over at me, and then Rick.

"We plan to build. There's babies being born." He said. I looked over at Maggie, wondering how he knew. And then I looked over at Rick and Michonne, realizing what he was talking about.

"Jesus." I turned around to see and older man walking out of a room. He wore fancy clothes, and the hair that was left on his head was greying, along with his beard and moustache. "You're back..." He said, looking at all of us. "With guests."

"This is Gregory," Jesus said, "he's the one who keeps things smooth around here." He looked over us.

"I'm the boss." Gregory said with a smile. He met my gaze and his eyes flickered over to dad, and he sent him a small nod, and looked back at me with an off smile.

"I'm Rick. We have a community--"

"How about you all go and get cleaned up, hey?" Gregory cut Rick off. I looked over at our group, who were glaring at him.

"We're fine." Rick shook his head, a confused but also skeptical look on his face.

"Jesus will show you where you can get cleaned up. Right?" He looked over at Jesus.  "And then you can come back down whenever you're ready." He looked over at us and nodded, walking up to Rick as he put his hands on his hips. "It's hard to keep this place clean." He got in Rick's face. I rolled my eyes, shifting on my feet.

"Yeah. Sure."

-

GUYS I'm sorry I pretty much copied most of the episode just bc I like to keep it as close to the show as possible and like this was a big episode yet at the same time there wasn't really anywhere I could go with it?? Idk

Love you guys, take care of yourselves <3