Dixons dont cry

LIGHTLY UPDATED

My dad slowly walked up to me.

"Daryl... What are you-"

"Dad!" I cried as I ran into my fathers arms. He picked me up and hugged me tightly.

"Mel..." He whispered. He held onto me tightly and whispered things like 'I'm so sorry' and 'I love you' and 'thank god you're safe'. He put me back down as Edwin walked up to us.

"I see you've found your dad." He gave me a small half-smile. I nodded, wiping tears from my eyes.

"C'mon, i'll show you to where your rooms are." Edwin said.

We walked down a hall and edwin left us to chose our rooms. I walked into my room with my dad.

"How'd you get here?" He asked. I shrugged.

"I ran down the highway. I met a woman, a boy and a man, they gave me food and water. I ran to the army base... But it was overrun, so I stopped at a cabin for a few days. I ran here and Edwin let me in." He smiled and nodded. I hugged him again.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I shouldn't have left you." He said, and I swore he was crying. I nodded. "I love you."

"I love you too, dad."

____

"BOOYAH" my dad yelled as he opened a glass of wine and sat back down beside me. I chuckled and took a bite out of my dinner.

I miss these times. The times where we can all laugh and be happy. I remember all my family dinners, but that always ended in arguing or physical fighting. I sighed and played with my food.

"Mel, what's up?" My dad asked. I shrugged.

"Nothing." I sent him a smile. I took a couple more bites out of my food and when everyone was busy and talking, I got up and walked back to my room.

I sat on a chair and fiddled with my fingernails. The door opened and I looked up, hoping my dad would be there, but it was Lori.

"Hey, Hun"

"Hey" I sighed. Lori sat down beside me. I felt weird, not knowing her.

"Why'd you run off like that?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I don't know. I just miss everyone and I didn't want to cry... Dixons don't cry." I shrugged. She smiled.

"If you ever need anything, just talk to me. I'll be there. Now, I'll give you some time alone." She stood up and walked out. I walked over to my bed and closed my eyes.